autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

IMO for DUST there is absolutely no reason for OPC at all, ever, never. LOL Hope I wasnt unclear. I would skip the OPC part. Pre-soak with ONR 256:1 and then power wash, then do your contact rinseless and dry.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Once ONR is all used up, skip to Feynlab RW because it cleans WAAY better, pre-treat as always but this stuff is strong so on a very dusty car it's going to be awesome! Follow the directions to the letter and if it's that's dusty add "a little more" but don't go crazyWhat do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is another much better option than ONR tooWhat do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?What do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?What do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes chilly, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I'm new to this game. Should I ditch the ONR?

Or just add to my collection?? LOL
    There is nothing wrong with having a quart of ONR around because in a pinch it can be mixed at varying strengths and do so many jobs

but

It does many jobs at the expense of not doing them all well, kind of a Jack of All Trades scenario

For each detailing chore that you can cover with an ONR mix there are better dedicated products in my opinion

In it's heyday it was a game changer but as Klasse and others have frequently shown there are RW products out there now that have dedicated functions that ONR can't touch

I have part of a quart here in Hawaii and probably half a gallon in Alaska and I will use them up and then I will probably move on to other RW products

I already got Feynlab Pure RW as a replacement and it will take me time to put it through it's paces but trying new stuff can be fun

5. Thanks Klasse Act, vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having a quart of ONR around because in a pinch it can be mixed at varying strengths and do so many jobs

but

It does many jobs at the expense of doing them all well, kind of a Jack of All Trades scenario

For each detailing chore that you can cover with an ONR mix there are better dedicated products in my opinion

In it's heyday it was a game changer but as Klasse and others have frequently shown there are RW products out there now that have dedicated functions that ONR can't touch

I have part of a quart here in Hawaii and probably half a gallon in Alaska and I will use them up and then I will probably move on to other RW products

I already got Feynlab Pure RW as a replacement and it will take me time to put it through it's paces but trying new stuff can be fun
    Looking forward to your Feynlab testsWhat do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Once ONR is all used up, skip to Feynlab RW because it cleans WAAY better, pre-treat as always but this stuff is strong so on a very dusty car it's going to be awesome! Follow the directions to the letter and if it's that's dusty add "a little more" but don't go crazyWhat do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is another much better option than ONR tooWhat do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?What do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?What do you think of my rinseless wash routine for a very dusty car?

Oh great !!! just when I thought I am done buying stuff and here we go again... LOL

9. Likes chilly, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Oh great !!! just when I thought I am done buying stuff and here we go again... LOL
    I understand completely, we all understand completely as we all have been there… and so will you apparently!

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I'm new to this game. Should I ditch the ONR?

Or just add to my collection?? LOL
    Nothing wrong with ONR.

Ech2o is nice though. I don't think I'd use it in as wide of a capacity as ONR. I can only really see using it on ceramic coated cars due to the sio2 elements in it.

We use ONR at work as a Swiss army knife of interior, and exterior applications. I use it at home the same way.

Wouldn't want to be without it.

13. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB, joebruin77 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123