autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar’s Wash Plus+

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    What are you all using now for strip washes before a paint correction?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I will be trying Feynlab Pure Rinseless now that my order that was lost for 3+ weeks finally showed up at the post office

I am also going to try it at a higher strength as a panel wipe

Sadly I am leaving for 2 months in Alaska very soon and may not get to try it before I go but if I don't I will report back when I do try it

3D super soak is on my to try list as well in fact I may order some soon to be in Alaska when I get there to tackle my 4Runner that my daughter drove for several months this winter while her car was waiting on a new engine

I bet she didn't wash it and I bet it is mega crusty

Should be a good test

2. Likes opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Sadly I am leaving for 2 months in Alaska very soon and may not get to try it before I go but if I don't I will report back when I do try it
    Should be a good test
    You have homes in both places?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    You have homes in both places?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    We did for many years and finally sold our house in Alaska to our son a couple of years ago

It was 2 story and my wife has terrible arthritis and has had a hip and both knees replaced and she can't do 2 stories anymore

We are casually looking for a new house up there but with the crazy lumber and fuel prices we are kind of taking our time

I still have a car up there and 2 storage units filled with our household stuff and my detailing gear is mostly at my sons house so I do a bit of detailing for the kids when I visit

6. Likes Ochnob, opie, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be trying Feynlab Pure Rinseless now that my order that was lost for 3+ weeks finally showed up at the post office

I am also going to try it at a higher strength as a panel wipe

3D super soak is on my to try list as well in fact I may order some soon to be in Alaska when I get there to tackle my 4Runner that my daughter drove for several months this winter while her car was waiting on a new engine

I bet she didn't wash it and I bet it is mega crusty

Should be a good test
    I just used Feynlab for my recent strip wash before my correction. I kept it just for that purpose. Wasn’t happy that it killed Sonax PNS beading at regular strength. But kept for stripping.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I just used Feynlab for my recent strip wash before my correction. I kept it just for that purpose. Wasn’t happy that it killed Sonax PNS beading at regular strength. But kept for stripping.

That is all I am buying it for, stripping and hopefully panel wipe as stated

It was developed to strip the crap that clogs up ceramic coatings from what I understand

Depending on how it works I can see using it in Alaska for a prespray and a winter rinseless to get all the road film off after a wand wash or touchless tunnel wash

Post Thanks / Like

Strip washes are high alkaline soaps. One that i use is Mckee’s coating prep soap. Does a great job at maintenance washes on coatings.

It seems to do a better job of stripping than the Bilt Hamber Twins. DP also has a coating prep soap.

If you use alot you can get the Mckee’s in gallons.

Griots Surface Prep will also get the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes dgage, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another really good, unique product that Meguiars drops because they either don't know how to promote properly or just won't stick with it long enough to get established.

Like I've posted before, Meguiars has more great products they don't offer anymore than a lot of companies have in their lineup.

13. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Another really good, unique product that Meguiars drops because they either don't know how to promote properly or just won't stick with it long enough to get established.

Like I've posted before, Meguiars has more great products they don't offer anymore than a lot of companies have in their lineup.
    It is weird it is still offered in the UK and they seem to like it over there

You can get it on ebay but like $50 or something crazy

Megs has great stuff, no doubt about it, but their multiple lines and overlapping products and redundancy makes my head hurt

I have to wonder if they didn't have to make 4 different bottles and 4 different labels for what is frequently the same product, just in 4 different lines, how much cheaper would it be

Who gives a fig if they sell the same stuff in the same bottle to "pros" or off the shelf at the fluffy auto parts store, I will take cheaper over the ego of buying a "pro" product all day long

15. Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs has great stuff, no doubt about it, but their multiple lines and overlapping products and redundancy makes my head hurt

I have to wonder if they didn't have to make 4 different bottles and 4 different labels for what is frequently the same product, just in 4 different lines, how much cheaper would it be

Who gives a fig if they sell the same stuff in the same bottle to "pros" or off the shelf at the fluffy auto parts store, I will take cheaper over the ego of buying a "pro" product all day long
    Couldn't have said it any better!

17. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash Plus was interesting, I used it quite a bit in various strip tests and was hoping it could replace polishing completely before applying new products on top. But the amount of pressure I had to use to get an effective knockdown effect on fresh products from using it practically undiluted right into my wash media or microfiber or foam pad, it was putting significant marring that needed to be cleaned up with a polisher anyways. Many fresh products needed about two separate polishing applications to fully strip.

Even using it like this aggressively, the area of effectiveness was only about a 2x2’ area before I had to reapply it to the mitt. Using it like this was more tedious than polishing by hand, especially when I’m marring the paint in the process. On more weathered protection perhaps it would be more effective and allow you to be less aggressive, but in the real world I’m pulling out the polisher anyways when protection is spent, just seems like Wash Plus would be a redundant step.

19. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast