autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots ceramic 3-1

I coated my truck about a year ago with AK and this particular coating is at the end of its life span. I normally use pinnacle crystal mist as a drying aid when I dry my vehicles and I really love the results. I am just wanting to try something new. I have a white 2020 chevy truck and my wife just bought a white 2022 armada. Being I have two larger vehicles to detail right now I am trying to buy supplies that will last me a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    You don't need to throw away your microfibers but you may want to wash them right after use. You may want to use a microfiber detergent like rags to riches.

Griot's has answered that question here:
    FAQ: Can I Reuse Microfiber Towels After Applying a Ceramic Product? - YouTube
    This for sure.

The important thing to remember is this isn't a real coating. It's a good spray sealant with some silica in it, but nothing close to many of the high solids coatings in the little bottles. Those will harden the applicator and the buffing rag.

I like 3 in 1 as a gap filler when I need a sealant to last a few months until I do something more durable. The gloss is decent and the durability is a a few months. I'd put the water beading/sheeting slightly above average, but not like a coating or another SiO2 sealant I've used.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Likes PaulMys, CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this stuff a lot and I have found it to work best with at least 2 coats….I’m from the pinnacle souveren
    Camp so I like that deep look…having said that the 3-1 has excellent water behavior and with 2 coats the “pop” is close to a carnuba look. I would say try it is simple to use. I also use the 3-1 wash and the ceramic speed shine all great and very complementary to each other

5. Likes CleanIT, RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the look of the Griots 3 in 1 but it can leave streaks on a darker vehicle. A little product goes a long way. It is not as slick as Beadmaker but it leaves a great shine. This is my truck after a layer of 3 in 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

7. Likes Bosko, chilly, dgage, oneheadlite, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone ever put 3 in 1 over top of CSS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    anyone ever put 3 in 1 over top of CSS?
    You could but I'm not sure you'd get much longevity over just the CSS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    You could but I'm not sure you'd get much longevity over just the CSS.
    I just did a wash and used CSS to finalize and thought...why didn't you just use 3 in 1
    The 2 products work really close as far is ease of use... IMO...oh well....I got Spring fever...lol

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad did something similar with wash & coat and 3in1. Haven't asked him how it was holding up yet.

13. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give 3d bead it up a try, and towel kleen for cleanin your microfibers. Both are cost effective.

Bead it up can be had for $35 a gallon. Running a 15% off of that right now.

Its slick, easy to apply, smells amazing, and great water behavior.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some may find this interesting

"One thing to keep in mind is the Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax is an SiO2 infused, sprayable wax. Most, if not all of the sprayable infused ceramic waxes on the market do not typically have a measurement of contact angle as that is most commonly used in marketing with a high solids ceramic coating. That being said, in our testing we found that many of the high solids coatings on the market significantly underperform when comparing the tested contact angle to the one marketed by the company. For example, one of the industry leading ceramic coatings claims to have a 110 degree contact angle and in our testing it was only 100.6. In our testing against industry leading high solid ceramic coatings, Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax saw the second highest increase in contact angle compared to a surface with no protection and beat out 20 of the high solids ceramic coatings that we tested. In our lab testing Ceramic 3-in-1 performed with a 99.5 degree contact angle and was outperformed by only 8 of the 28 total high solids coatings that were tested. Again, keep in mind that all 28 coatings tested were high solid, vile-applied, ceramic coatings that are priced at $60 or more retail."

17. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast