autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon / foam in general

Well guess I am the only one who thinks they are a waste of time & money
    I never like the idea of spraying my vehicle with any type of soapy material and literally watch and wait for it to dry on the surface-- I cant wash that fast

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I never like the idea of spraying my vehicle with any type of soapy material and literally watch and wait for it to dry on the surface-- I cant wash that fast
    I doubt you are the only one, as I said, we all take different routes to the same goal

After I foam I immediately put my spray tip back in my pressure gun and it doesn't matter if it's foam or soap from a contact wash I stop every couple of panels and look and if anything is in danger of drying I just mist the area down without actually rinsing it off to give the foam or soap maximum dwell time

I apologize if I was too aggressive in my replies, your beliefs and opinions are worth every bit as much as mine or anyone else on this forum

Have a great evening

4. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Chilly....doubtful you are the only one. I do not even drag out the foam cannon very often, because that involves the pressure washer and I do not have one of those fancy wall mounted setups. I'm one of those weirdos who seems to accumulate car soap, and always have such a surplus that the line between using it and wasting it is pretty blurry. Everyone has their own method, and if yours works for you and you're happy with the results...then who is anyone else to question it.

6. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    And for us hobby types that’s the bottom line; saved clear coat and a happy camper

Well said sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...and the therapy Foam cannon / foam in generalFoam cannon / foam in general

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ...and the therapy Foam cannon / foam in generalFoam cannon / foam in general

Do you like your new Griot's Foam Sprayer? I started looking for reviews on YouTube and stopped when the first guy put about half of his pink Griot's soap bottle into the sprayer with the quote "it doesn't say how much but I think this will do"... and then went on to complain that it sure requires a lot of soap Foam cannon / foam in generalFoam cannon / foam in general

I've been using my cheapo one from Amazon and wonder if I missed out by trying to save $10.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Do you like your new Griot's Foam Sprayer? I started looking for reviews on YouTube and stopped when the first guy put about half of his pink Griot's soap bottle into the sprayer with the quote "it doesn't say how much but I think this will do"... and then went on to complain that it sure requires a lot of soap Foam cannon / foam in generalFoam cannon / foam in general

I've been using my cheapo one from Amazon and wonder if I missed out by trying to save $10.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    I use one oz of built hamburger touchless in it with 32 oz and wasn't expecting a snow show but I'm going to try another product in there because tothen they're because to me it doesn't work quite as well as the chemical guy is won that Derek 0609 gave me, stay "tuned"

11. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For what its worth, I've used the GTechniq W4 Citrus Foam in my MTM PF 22.2 foam cannon for a couple of washes now and I've been happy with the results.

I e-mailed Kris Wheeler from GTechniq and he says he uses about 1 inch of W4 in the foam gun. I've been doing the same, and I think it's a 1,000 ML reservoir so I believe it works out to a 1:4 ratio.

With the MTM PF 22.2 you just have to be sure to set it up correctly, but mine came set up properly for the PSI, and GPM's of my pressure washer.

To get the best foam be sure to turn the foam all the way up. So theres a plus and minus dial on the top, and youll want to be sure to turn it all the way to the right I believe.

The foam really seems to cling to the vehicle and break the dirt up really well, making it easier to wash. After I foam the car down I let it dwell and then pressure wash the vehicle off. This seems to get a large majority of the dirt off.

After this if you wanted you could take a foam gun like the foam master that connects to your garden hose and foam each panel individually with some soap like the BF Foam soap, before washing with your wash mitt to create more lubricity if your really wanting to wash the car extremely carefully, and you could also use a multi towel wash method if you'd like.

The key is just keeping the car wet while you wash it, so depending on the weather conditions you may have to go back and wet the car down after every panel, or every couple of panels. There's been times when I was able to wash a whole side of the car before having to go back and wet the car down again, because the weather was fair enough.

I also haven't seen any issues, as far as I can see, with just heading straight into the wash process with a single wash mitt, and the two bucket method after the pre foam and power washing process.

In my experience so far, I'm really happy I chose to purchase a foam cannon, and its made the overall quality of my washes better, easier, and I've noticed my wash mitt rinse bucket is much cleaner at the end of the wash process.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilt Hamber Autofoam sprayed on with an IK foam pro 12 and rinsed with my Ryobi PW.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Stuff works. But it’s an Alkaline soap that is imported from UK. Most stuff from US is PH neutral. Won’t remove film like this.

Will aid in (my belief not science) softening it up though and removing solid particles. Weather it helps 2 or 20 percent, my paint is worth it.

15. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, chilly, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been looking at the BH foam a bit lately. Any idea of the impacts on a coating?

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Have been looking at the BH foam a bit lately. Any idea of the impacts on a coating?

I coated my car back in June 2020 (TAC system Power Plus) and keep it clean, even during winter. I've topped it MANY times since then with sprays and waxes but this current winter I've done 4 pre-washes with Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam and with my most recent use I can tell you upon rinsing it off the water was beading VERY well stillFoam cannon / foam in general

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast