autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon / foam in general

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm not sure but in previous uses it was less than that even and still worked, left puddles of brown all around my car.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    This puts you at a roughly 3-3.2% panel impact ratio. Guessing ph 10-10.5ish? You can go up to 5%,to touchless and that should put you up to a ph of 12ish.

Try upping to just slightly less to 8oz to 1.5 gallon. This should get you around 4% PIR and see if it cleans any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just use distilled water because I fill up my folder and use it down the road and it's ready.

I’ve used tap in the picture’s above and got those great results. That being said our hardness of waters could play a big difference is results gained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    This was not easy to find so my numbers may not be exact.

Lift is ph12 out of the bottle and mixed 1:10 has a ph of about 10. Most good coatings will handle a ph of 10 but a ph of 10 will not clean as well of a ph12.

Bilt Hamber talks alot about Panel impact ratios (PIR) because if you mix 1:10 and then you use in a foam cannon it becomes further diluted when applying bacause a foam cannon/gun mixes it with water.

Lift at 1:10 then shot out of a foam cannon is from ph7 (ph neutral) to about ph8.5. Again from internet I have not tested. I believe this to be why most Lift reviews aren’t good

If you watch video’s or do research most foam cannons will have a 50/50 mix (or more) of Product to water in reservoir. This to get the ph to 12 when it “impacts panel”. This is alot more than were use to using.

The “PIR” is a formula to factor in additional water. If your interested on PIR I pulled this of internets.

Calculating PIR (Panel Impact Ratio) for Foam Lance use - YouTube

The simple way around this and why I recommended a IK foam 12 to [mention]Klasse Act [/mention] is if you use a pump sprayer you only have to figure PIR for what’s in reservoir as your not diluting it through cannon.

To get 4% which will give you a ph of 12 of BHAF you only need to mix 4oz to 100oz of water.

You have to calculate because different pressure washers and cannons will affect pir.

After telling you all this to be fully transparent i’ve never figured PIR for my set up and just bought a foam pro 12.

And to actually answer your statement. Due to a low alkaline PH lift isn’t hurting your coating or at least not noticeably.

You also are getting better results than something like Griots Surface wash (my fave ph neutral one) but no where the results of a BH pre wash at proper PH level.

Sorry just confused myselfFoam cannon / foam in general. Hoped this helps you or someone in future.

Thanks for that. Have done a little reading on PIR before - it can get quite technical. Forensic Detailing also goes into it a bit.

Gone are the days of a sponge, bucket and hose!

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    This puts you at a roughly 3-3.2% panel impact ratio. Guessing ph 10-10.5ish? You can go up to 5%,to touchless and that should put you up to a ph of 12ish.

Try upping to just slightly less to 8oz to 1.5 gallon. This should get you around 4% PIR and see if it cleans any better.

I'm going to add 2 more ounces to my mix when I get home, this will give me 8 oz of Touchless in 1.5 gallons of waterFoam cannon / foam in general

Stay "tuned" for results Foam cannon / foam in general

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So finally got a bucket wash in. Was going to use Griot’s surface wash to see if it would make a dent on a dirty white car but had BHAF in the IK to use up and wanted to see if it was a fluke.

I know this thread started about foam cannon but agreed with whoever posted that the product makes a huge difference.

Here’s a 50/50 i just foamed and PW off

I can’t speak for everyone but looks to me it certainly worked. That is all grime i am not wiping into panel with my MF mitt on contact wash.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes rover137, chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The forensics detailing channel just posted a video on this topic. I used to believe it was a step you could likely remove from your routine, but I think his video changed my mind. Obviously, it depends on how dirty your car is and what you actually use as a pre-wash foam, but it seems helpful in many cases.

Does SNOW FOAM do ANYTHING? | Touchless V Autofoam V PH Neutral V Water - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    The forensics detailing channel just posted a video on this topic. I used to believe it was a step you could likely remove from your routine, but I think his video changed my mind. Obviously, it depends on how dirty your car is and what you actually use as a pre-wash foam, but it seems helpful in many cases.

Does SNOW FOAM do ANYTHING? | Touchless V Autofoam V PH Neutral V Water - YouTube
    I just watched this when it was linked in another detailing forum....pretty revealing. What I found most informative was the difference between AutoFoam and Touchless

12. Likes chilly, Klasse Act, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Pre-Soak is apparently another high ph product with great potential as both a foam and a spray on presoak

I did a search but didn’t really see any definitive reviews

Has anyone tried it on winter crud buildup

I am interested in it for Alaska use but don’t want to commit to their nano pail gallon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    3D Super Pre-Soak is apparently another high ph product with great potential as both a foam and a spray on presoak

I did a search but didn’t really see any definitive reviews

Has anyone tried it on winter crud buildup

I am interested in it for Alaska use but don’t want to commit to their nano pail gallon

Found this just a bit ago. I don't know much about this channel but first comparison between BH and 3D I've seen. A year old actually. Sounds like 3D is a serious competitor and might win out on price. Not sure about the results yet your conditions though. If YT links aren't allowed, my apologies and I'll delete.

Edit: I'm messing up the link but attached a picture to search on YT.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Found this just a bit ago. I don't know much about this channel but first comparison between BH and 3D I've seen. A year old actually. Sounds like 3D is a serious competitor and might win out on price. Not sure about the results yet your conditions though. If YT links aren't allowed, my apologies and I'll delete.

Edit: I'm messing up the link but attached a picture to search on YT.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    I am not getting anything from the link but I will do another search now that I have some better terms

I just wish some of their Nano Pail only products had a smaller size to try

I can't think of any 3D product I was ever disappointed in so probably a safe bet

Thanks for the input

17. Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs liked this post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast