autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3D speed vs rupes uno vs griots boss finishing vs blackfire one step

Looking for an aio that easy to use wipe off clean and has a good sealant. Speed seems to be the go to buy what day the experts

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D speed vs rupes uno vs griots boss finishing vs blackfire one step

3D Speed.

It set the bar for all others to follow and copy. (or for 3D to make for the other brand labels under private labeling) LOL.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

3. Likes chilly, lucky417, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed is all of the above with the possible exception of "good sealant"

The sealant is 3D Poxy

If you mean a quality sealant that shines and beads and plays well with other toppers then I say it's got it

If you mean long lasting then no, it's not if the small amount of Poxy it leaves behind is all you are going to apply

I like to top it with a full on application of more Poxy and then keep a spray wax on top of that

In that configuration it certainly works for me and lots of friends and family would agree

I am not an expert on the others but I am under the impression that no AIO has the sealant life of a good spray on wipe off ceramic sealant wax

AIOs are a tradeoff of speed and ease vs longevity and correction ability

IMHO anyway...

That doesn't mean I don't love Speed and use it, I do, AIOs certainly have a niche in a detailing arsenal

5. Likes custmsprty, lucky417, Rsurfer liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI I recently read - lastnight! - about koch chemie one cut and finish P6.01 that claims to remove up to 2000grit sanding marks. If thats the case it would blow away most AIO's in correction.

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    FYI I recently read - lastnight! - about koch chemie one cut and finish P6.01 that claims to remove up to 2000grit sanding marks. If thats the case it would blow away most AIO's in correction.
    That’s good to know

I will watch for real world reviews and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been through a bunch of AIO's....Speed, Meguiars D166, McKees 360, Blackfire AIO, Rupes Uno Protect, Griots Finishing Sealant. Out of them, only one I did not like was the Griots product....easily the hardest to work with in my experience....so much so, I gave it away. I'd rate them like this:

Slickness and gloss - Speed, Rupes Uno Protect, Meguiars D166, Blackfire AIO, McKees 360

Longevity - McKees 360, Blackfire, Rupes Uno Protect, Meguiars D166, Speed

10. Likes chilly, Jim w, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've been thought a bunch of AIO's....Speed, Meguiars D166, McKees 360, Blackfire AIO, Rupes Uno Protect, Griots Finishing Sealant. Out of them, only one I did not like was the Griots product....easily the hardest to work with in my experience....so much so, I gave it away. I'd rate them like this:

Slickness and gloss - Speed, Rupes Uno Protect, Meguiars D166, Blackfire AIO, McKees 360

Longevity - McKees 360, Blackfire, Rupes Uno Protect, Meguiars D166, Speed
    I have not tried all the products you mention but based on what I have tried I totally agree with your rankings for Speed on both counts

One thing I thought of a while back is that 3D Poxy is the protection component in Speed and it needs to sit for at least 45 minutes before buffing off when used as a standalone product

If you use Speed and wipe each section as you go you aren't treating the Poxy component as you would as a standalone product

Poxy is not the most durable stuff to begin with so maybe applying Speed and wiping immediately is seriously compromising it's life

Regardless I love Speed and I love the warm glow of Poxy, not to mention the ease of application and pretty much foolproof results

12. Likes opie, John U, Rsurfer, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have not tried all the products you mention but based on what I have tried I totally agree with your rankings for Speed on both counts

One thing I thought of a while back is that 3D Poxy is the protection component in Speed and it needs to sit for at least 45 minutes before buffing off when used as a standalone product

If you use Speed and wipe each section as you go you aren't treating the Poxy component as you would as a standalone product

Poxy is not the most durable stuff to begin with so maybe applying Speed and wiping immediately is seriously compromising it's life

Regardless I love Speed and I love the warm glow of Poxy, not to mention the ease of application and pretty much foolproof results

That’s why you polish the entire car and then wipe off. Both Speed and BF One Step can be left on the paint while you’re polishing the whole car. Gives the sealant more time to bond.
    Bruno Soares

14. Thanks dieselfan1, chilly thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, chilly, PaulMys, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    That’s why you polish the entire car and then wipe off. Both Speed and BF One Step can be left on the paint while you’re polishing the whole car. Gives the sealant more time to bond.
    This has been my experience as well.

When I work on a vehicle with Speed I leave it on the paint until the last section has had about fifteen minutes to dry, then I'll wipe it off. Like the way the old school products said to do.

I've also topped (even though I hate doing that to something that isn't supposed to need it) with 3D Express Wax, which is basically liquid Poxy. Same principal with curing. Spray, spread out, let haze, and wipe off. Works great! Now I'm wondering how it would work as a stand alone....

I also use Optimum GPS, but I need more seat time with it, especially with longevity.

16. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I was basically stating a reason some people might have for getting limited life out of the product

The 3D youtube video about Speed shows Mike Williams doing a section of the hood and immediately wiping it off

Monkey see, monkey do

He talks about how long it can sit without problems wiping but doesn't go all the way and tell you to leave it on for the entire car, 45 minutes, or whatever

I figured this out a long time back and hopefully someone new to speed will read all this and pick up on it

I should have stated this as an instruction and not just my belief

Others will appreciate both you and dlc95 for clarifying this

18. Likes dgage, Bruno Soares, custmsprty liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast