autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR Dilution for Pre-rinse

I use one of my 1000 ML Kwazer spray bottles, gets the panel your working on TWICE as fastONR Dilution for Pre-rinseONR Dilution for Pre-rinseONR Dilution for Pre-rinse

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I have a garden sprayer filled with a mix of 128:1 for pre-rinsing. I'm sure my logic is flawed, but I just figured a higher concentration of the juice would "ENCAPSULATE" amd "EMULSIFY" better to start.

LOL silly me. Am I just wasting product? It's not like it takes a lot of products anyway...
    Same here for me in the Burgh, when wife's gets home, I get my gallon sprayer out spray the sides let it set then turn the hose on.
    I let it set thing bring car in.

3. Likes vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are any of you guys here looking for a stronger RW for the pre-treating process or stronger RW in generalONR Dilution for Pre-rinse

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Are any of you guys here looking for a stronger RW for the pre-treating process or stronger RW in generalONR Dilution for Pre-rinse
    I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that they all have basically the same ability to remove dirt, but that the main difference between brands is the finish they leave behind. Does that sound right?

I only started RW in the fall so I'm pretty much a newbie, and I haven't paid attention to how ONR feels after. Each time I did a RW I followed up with Ultimate Quik Wax anyway. I love that stuff!

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have one in mind to suggest, please share with us.

If I feel a stronger pre-rinseless wash treatment is necessary, I will use diluted Optimum Power Clean instead of ONR. It works great without damaging the paint, but given its higher pH of 11, it may degrade waxes or sealants.

9. Likes chilly, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feynlab Rinseless wash but know it's strong, so follow the dilution ratios! Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is another high quality and finally CarPro Ech2o used as a RW onlyONR Dilution for Pre-rinse Each of these 3 surpass ONR!

Post Thanks / Like

Feynlab Rinseless wash but know it's strong, so follow the dilution ratios! Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is another high quality and finally CarPro Ech2o used as a RW onlyONR Dilution for Pre-rinse Each of these 3 surpass ONR!

There is a 12 page thread on the sister forum where the F product above was compared to several other top tier RW/WW products

The folks who first tested it got thrown for a loop because it was so strong it was killing sealants and waxes

At first they thought it was leaving something behind that was simply masking the beading and sheeting on sealants and waxes but they finally figured out it was stripping them

It didn't touch ceramic coatings because that is what it was designed for, prep before coating and maintenance of ceramics, which it apparently does very well

As Klasse pointed out above, they found the suggested dilution ratios are plenty, this isn't an "I will add 2 more glugs to the bucket" product

At one point everyone was pissed and ready for refunds but it finally dawned on a few people that hey, here is the strip wash we have been looking for so we can apply something new or fresh to bare paint, and hey, here is a top notch panel wipe for pennies per gallon, and man does this get all the film and toppers and stuff off my ceramic and let it do its job

One of the best things they all realized is the dilution ratios on this stuff are so huge that it is incredibly thrifty

Guys were figuring out a liter would last for years plus it isn't expensive to begin with

They also figured out it is an amazing presoak for microfiber

I have a liter on the way, unfortunately the USPS is in their normal mode and it is stranded somewhere between California and Hawaii...

When I finally get it I have a number of uses planned and a fresh gallon of DI water waiting to be turned into panel wipe

I am excited to try it to prep for my 3in1 which is also supposedly on the way

YMMV

12. Thanks vaca22, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas, dgage, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you've got REALLY follow that ratio to the TONR Dilution for Pre-rinseIt's a great product to use if you've washed your car with Chemical Guys carwash soap, like Glossworkz, which instantly clogged up my coating...what kind of garbage are they using in there at the ONR Dilution for Pre-rinse company?

Your comments are all spot on and I mentioned Feynlab RW in a thread a couple days ago where someone was looking for a panel prep because Meg's or someone didn't make it anymore, didn't see alot of quotes or questions about it, oh well I tried.

This product even foams up when adding water to the bucket when doing a RW, crazy BUT effective product...as you knowONR Dilution for Pre-rinse

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you've got REALLY follow that ratio to the TONR Dilution for Pre-rinseIt's a great product to use if you've washed your car with Chemical Guys carwash soap, like Glossworkz, which instantly clogged up my coating...what kind of garbage are they using in there at the ONR Dilution for Pre-rinse company?

Your comments are all spot on and I mentioned Feynlab RW in a thread a couple days ago where someone was looking for a panel prep because Meg's or someone didn't make it anymore, didn't see alot of quotes or questions about it, oh well I tried.

This product even foams up when adding water to the bucket when doing a RW, crazy BUT effective product...as you knowONR Dilution for Pre-rinse

Man, I am standing right beside you regarding CG stuff

I have no use for their marketing scheme and no use for their products

I have 1 small bottle of VRP to finish off and I am done with them

16. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    There is a 12 page thread on the sister forum where the F product above was compared to several other top tier RW/WW products

The folks who first tested it got thrown for a loop because it was so strong it was killing sealants and waxes

At first they thought it was leaving something behind that was simply masking the beading and sheeting on sealants and waxes but they finally figured out it was stripping them

It didn't touch ceramic coatings because that is what it was designed for, prep before coating and maintenance of ceramics, which it apparently does very well

As Klasse pointed out above, they found the suggested dilution ratios are plenty, this isn't an "I will add 2 more glugs to the bucket" product

At one point everyone was pissed and ready for refunds but it finally dawned on a few people that hey, here is the strip wash we have been looking for so we can apply something new or fresh to bare paint, and hey, here is a top notch panel wipe for pennies per gallon, and man does this get all the film and toppers and stuff off my ceramic and let it do its job

One of the best things they all realized is the dilution ratios on this stuff are so huge that it is incredibly thrifty

Guys were figuring out a liter would last for years plus it isn't expensive to begin with

They also figured out it is an amazing presoak for microfiber

I have a liter on the way, unfortunately the USPS is in their normal mode and it is stranded somewhere between California and Hawaii...

When I finally get it I have a number of uses planned and a fresh gallon of DI water waiting to be turned into panel wipe

I am excited to try it to prep for my 3in1 which is also supposedly on the way

YMMV
    Fine for a cleaning of coatings and would use before a sealant or wax but i wouldn’t say it’s a panel prep. Definitely wouldn’t use this only before coating.

Panel preps are either Solvent, Naphtha or ISP based to remove waxes, sealants road film and such.

I believe this particular product is a Alkaline based cleaner….. will clean well but won’t completely remove the for mention things on paint.

Works great on coated cars though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast