autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

help me decide ! Gyeon new line up combo

Hey Guys , its been a while ! Its almost that time of the year where I m getting ready for spring and the audi needs a new ceramic coating. I did a quick essence / cquartz lite / gliss combo last september on my 2018 audi a5 sportback metallic black, the car looked great ! but I want to take it to the next level with a proper correction this time , the cars has some swilr marks that required a compound and I may have to do a 2 step polish on some areas. Audi seems to be on the hard cleatcoat side so I may have to use my uro pads this time on some panels.

I m pretty set on trying gyeon line up this time , nothing wrong with carpro but I m looking for looks and durability this time even if it costs me more. I ll probably do a correction once a year on the hood but I m aiming for a 2 year coating

I ve been reading quite a bit on the gyeon line up and I m having a hard time deciding which combo works better for me . Please help me decide. I could be wrong but here is what I have collected so far, please keep in mind that I have a black metallic paint so I want the paint to really pop

Gyeon syncro - Seems to be the top of the line consumer product , skin seems to be the real deal , however skin can not be purchased by itself and the durability is questionable , it should be no brainer that this is the right combo but the availability of skin and the durability has be thinking . I m not sure if the new gyeon lineup has a reformulated skin product that fixes the durability issue

Gyeon mohs / cancoat - This is one seems to be a winner but I have read that mohs is not the best choice for darker cars compare to pure .

Gyeon pure / cancoat - I m leaning towards this one at the moment, but I do not find many people on youtube with this combo , seems like mohs is more popular but pure seems to have a candy look to it which pops better on darker cars

Gyeon mohs topped with pure - This one could combine the best quality of both products in terms of durability and looks , but I havent found a single post of someone trying this combo . I do not even know which one would go on top.

Money is not really an issue here. I have all the tools already to do a ceramic coating ( prep , towels , polisher, da polisher , pads , etc , etc ) and I can keep the budget at around 200$ no problem

I also looked a kamikaze products but they is only one retailer that sells this product in canada which takes 2 weeks to get here . Assuming I need to make a correction , availability of the product will be nice. Gyeon can be found in toronto in 3 different stores close to my house .

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me decide ! Gyeon new line up combo

First off...God bless you for living in canada,hope you bank account still works lol.

I have yet to try gyeons coatings...i will be here in a month or so. So i cant comment on anything other than to say i would pm The Guz and ask his advice as he has what seems to be a good bit of knowledge and experience with their new evo lineup

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not helpful but when I was choosing a coating for my next run I went with NV Evo. I have heard that Evo really darkens the paint for dark cars.

The new Gyeon line up was announced just after I pulled the trigger and procured the coating. Probably would have been between Pure, Mohs and NV Evo for me if they had already came out. I don’t really like the idea of Cancoat on top of an actual coating for some reason. It feels like too much of a stand-alone coating of its own to top a good coating with. I’d much rather do x2 coats of Mohs.

I also have Lite currently on our cars going on 10 months and doing very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Probably not helpful but when I was choosing a coating for my next run I went with NV Evo.

The new Gyeon line up was announced just after I pulled the trigger and procured the coating. Probably would have been between Pure, Mohs and NV Evo for me if they had already came out. I don’t really like the idea of Cancoat on top of an actual coating for some reason. It feels like too much of a stand-alone coating of its own to top a good coating with. I’d much rather do x2 coats of Mohs.

I also have Lite currently on our cars going on 10 months and doing very well.

we do not have novajet in canada , I have seen some great reviews on their line up , quite expensive but it looks quality

car pro lite was great for me , except that it is not a slick coating at all , its actually the opposite , gliss as a topper worked great but I keep reading the gyeon is on a different level in regards to looks and that is what I m looking for mainly. I ll say looks, slickness and durability in that order. It has to go look great with a black car. Another issue I m having with the black car is that it attracts dust quite easily , I dont think I can do much about it , self cleaning abilities would be nice . But again , looks is the most important for me right now. I know 90% of that comes from the prep and correction but I would like to get as much enhanment as possible with a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah NV are quality products for sure. I am in Aus so they are pretty easy to get a hold of.

You are right in that Lite is very tacky. I usually use some sort of QD as a drying aid and this seems to add a lot of slickness. I actually have left half my roof as just bare coating just to test when it fails and there is a big difference in slickness. The half with the QD is also slightly more hydrophobic. In terms of gloss I can not tell a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat on top of pure seems redundant as both are suppose to have a candy gloss.

On my black garage queen I ‘m going to go Pure as I really liked how cancoat looked. Made the Cquartz UK pop.

On my daily white i’m going Nova Evo. Kinda worried about durability…. 1 coat/3 years? Well see….

8. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    CanCoat on top of pure seems redundant as both are suppose to have a candy gloss.

On my black garage queen I ‘m going to go Pure as I really liked how cancoat looked. Made the Cquartz UK pop.

On my daily white i’m going Nova Evo. Kinda worried about durability…. 1 coat/3 years? Well see….

I am also worried about the durability of NV Evo after 1-2 things I’ve seen. On the other hand, I’ve seen the pro version of NV do quite well. Who knows though really until we actually try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    Hey Guys , its been a while ! Its almost that time of the year where I m getting ready for spring and the audi needs a new ceramic coating. I did a quick essence / cquartz lite / gliss combo last september on my 2018 audi a5 sportback metallic black, the car looked great ! but I want to take it to the next level with a proper correction this time , the cars has some swilr marks that required a compound and I may have to do a 2 step polish on some areas. Audi seems to be on the hard cleatcoat side so I may have to use my uro pads this time on some panels.

I m pretty set on trying gyeon line up this time , nothing wrong with carpro but I m looking for looks and durability this time even if it costs me more. I ll probably do a correction once a year on the hood but I m aiming for a 2 year coating

I ve been reading quite a bit on the gyeon line up and I m having a hard time deciding which combo works better for me . Please help me decide. I could be wrong but here is what I have collected so far, please keep in mind that I have a black metallic paint so I want the paint to really pop.
    The Gyeon line up has been updated to the new Evo formulations. Don't bother with the non-Evo formulations other than CanCoat. If you are aiming for a two year coating you may want to consider One Evo.

You can see my reviews for the new line here.

Review - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

Gyeon syncro - Seems to be the top of the line consumer product , skin seems to be the real deal , however skin can not be purchased by itself and the durability is questionable , it should be no brainer that this is the right combo but the availability of skin and the durability has be thinking . I m not sure if the new gyeon lineup has a reformulated skin product that fixes the durability issue
    Skin had durability issues with the previous version. The new Syncro Evo is to new to tell how well Skin Evo is going to perform. Skin Evo has been reformulated and is no longer the same chemistry.

Gyeon mohs / cancoat - This is one seems to be a winner but I have read that mohs is not the best choice for darker cars compare to pure .

Gyeon pure / cancoat - I m leaning towards this one at the moment, but I do not find many people on youtube with this combo , seems like mohs is more popular but pure seems to have a candy look to it which pops better on darker cars
    Again all three of these have been reformulated. CanCoat Evo can be used as a topper on any coating to increase the gloss. CanCoat is one of those products that is just so versatile and is so easy to apply.

Mohs Evo is not going to give that dipped in glass look. It will give a more natural look as it is not an SiO2 coating. CanCoat Evo is going to add gloss to Mohs Evo. Mohs by itself will be slicker than any of the coatings

Pure Evo is going to give that candy gloss (dipped in glass) appearance. SiO2 coatings typically darken the paint but it is not a bad thing. Adding CanCoat Evo on top will add to the candy gloss as well.

With the new Evo line up, CanCoat Evo is optional as a coating topper.

Gyeon mohs topped with pure - This one could combine the best quality of both products in terms of durability and looks , but I havent found a single post of someone trying this combo . I do not even know which one would go on top.
    Unfortunately you won't gain anything with this combination. This is not recommended and I asked the Gyeon representative who sent me the new Gyeon coatings and he also stated there is nothing to be gained with this combination. I just saved you from wasting time even considering this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Not at all.

11. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The Gyeon line up has been updated to the new Evo formulations. Don't bother with the non-Evo formulations other than CanCoat. If you are aiming for a two year coating you may want to consider One Evo.

You can see my reviews for the new line here.

Review - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

Skin had durability issues with the previous version. The new Syncro Evo is to new to tell how well Skin Evo is going to perform. Skin Evo has been reformulated and is no longer the same chemistry.

Again all three of these have been reformulated. CanCoat Evo can be used as a topper on any coating to increase the gloss. CanCoat is one of those products that is just so versatile and is so easy to apply.

Mohs Evo is not going to give that dipped in glass look. It will give a more natural look as it is not an SiO2 coating. CanCoat Evo is going to add gloss to Mohs Evo. Mohs by itself will be slicker than any of the coatings

Pure Evo is going to give that candy gloss (dipped in glass) appearance. SiO2 coatings typically darken the paint but it is not a bad thing. Adding CanCoat Evo on top will add to the candy gloss as well.

With the new Evo line up, CanCoat Evo is optional as a coating topper.

Unfortunately you won't gain anything with this combination. This is not recommended and I asked the Gyeon representative who sent me the new Gyeon coatings and he also stated there is nothing to be gained with this combination. I just saved you from wasting time even considering this.

Not at all.
    thanks for the detail information!!

looks like pure evo / cancoat is what I m looking for . I m guessing it will look better on a metallic black

I was about to purchase their prime polish until I read that it has SIO2 which is what carpro essence has ( i still have a bottle of carpro). In theory both have the same ingredients and both leave a layer of protection

Post Thanks / Like

we do not have novajet in canada , I have seen some great reviews on their line up , quite expensive but it looks quality

car pro lite was great for me , except that it is not a slick coating at all , its actually the opposite , gliss as a topper worked great but I keep reading the gyeon is on a different level in regards to looks and that is what I m looking for mainly. I ll say looks, slickness and durability in that order. It has to go look great with a black car. Another issue I m having with the black car is that it attracts dust quite easily , I dont think I can do much about it , self cleaning abilities would be nice . But again , looks is the most important for me right now. I know 90% of that comes from the prep and correction but I would like to get as much enhanment as possible with a coating.
    Just a heads up, Carzilla sells NV products.

14. Thanks rick100, noorth thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast