autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for Fuji White Land Rover Discovery?

Just picked this up! Much to my dismay, the dealer ran it through the touch wash twice in a day...saw them do it before I arrived for the test drive and then they did again to try to unfreeze the hood, couldn't believe it. I didn't let them detail it, I was afraid they'd break out the sanders and steel wool. Told them not to do any more damage.

It has a bunch of swirls but that's it. I was thinking about something white specific. I want something that lasts a year or so, don't need perfect correction, it's a DD that will get used off road too, and in the snow/salt. I normally would polish the swirls out and then do DG 111/601, but was wondering if there's something better for white!
    Thanks!
    17 Land Rover Discovery: Fuji White; 07 Land Rover LR3 SEV8 4WD: Java Black Micatallic; 18 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara: Black; 05 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD: Light Khaki Metallic

2. Likes Uncbrs, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Fuji White Land Rover Discovery?

I'm not a good measuring stick for durability but I started using C2V3 and the Gtechniq wash + detail spray in-between on a white DD. I've been real happy with the shine and durability. A year is a stretch but it's so easy to apply the C2V3 I'm fine with applying it as needed.

Dealer did this to me too recently. Pretty sure you have to leave a "no wash" sign inside to get the message across and even then it's still a risk. Suggestions for Fuji White Land Rover Discovery?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Polish it and coat it with Gyeon CanCoat when the weather warms up.

5. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the tan leather seats!

My sister had a F-Pace in Fuji White. For ease and simplicity, I used CarPro Hydr02 on it.

Post Thanks / Like

DG 101 + 601.

It will clean up the surface, round off the swirls that it doesn't remove, and last a good long time. A year is long, but with great care, and using Aquawax or Opti-Seal as a drying aide you could get some long life from the 101/601 combo. You could add the 111 down the road later of you like, which will add some good protection.

The 101 always glossed up my dad's white Charger.

Duragloss 501 does great thing to white also. Deep cleans, and can remove even more light swirls, but isn't as nice to work with, and doesn't seem to last as long as 101.

These days I have Optimum Opti-Seal after a polish with Hyper Polish. This is my first winter testing Opti-Seal, and while it is doing a great job, it's been a somewhat mild winter. I've done a few touchless automatic washes, and several ONR washes in the garage. Thankfully the Opti-Seal is performing better than I expected. Optimum GPS might do the job for you, but I'm not sure how well it holds up over time, because I just picked it up over the summer, and havent had anything to use it on. GPS would be in a similar category as Duragloss 101, but it has more cut, and is easier to wipe off. I know the 101 will hold up though.

8. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I like the DG 101 suggestion. How does it compare to 105? Just curious, but I'll probably go with the 105. Could I add a carnaubas topper to it for some warmth?
    17 Land Rover Discovery: Fuji White; 07 Land Rover LR3 SEV8 4WD: Java Black Micatallic; 18 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara: Black; 05 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD: Light Khaki Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CopperMtnGuy View Post
    Thanks guys! I like the DG 101 suggestion. How does it compare to 105? Just curious, but I'll probably go with the 105. Could I add a carnaubas topper to it for some warmth?
    105 is one of their products that I never tried, so I couldn't say.

You can absolutely top 101, 105, or any of their sealants with your choice of finishing wax. I used to top my Duragloss sealants with Zymol waxes. That was a favorite combo of mine.