autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Foam Sprayer do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Again if i had it all to do over i would save time, effort and money and just buy a IK foam pro 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I am deciding between the IK foam pro 12 and the new IK Pro 2+. It looks like both can be filled with an air compressor if I get tired of pumping. I want to be able to foam up an entire car without having to refill. Will the 2+ have enough capacity, or should I go for the 12?

Then again, why choose? Maybe I'll get one of each

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t startca thread on it but love to hear what you think of the OP waterless in a foamer.

Was gonna order but i have 5 bottles of Frothe to use up and about 3 gallons of different rinseless to use up.

I am excited to try the OP rinseless in the IK foamer. I think it should work great.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Foam Sprayer do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    So I am deciding between the IK foam pro 12 and the new IK Pro 2+. It looks like both can be filled with an air compressor if I get tired of pumping. I want to be able to foam up an entire car without having to refill. Will the 2+ have enough capacity, or should I go for the 12?

Then again, why choose? Maybe I'll get one of each
    With frothe i was able to get whole car done twice with similar foamer. If i did one and left it as a dedicated foamer i would do the pro 12. Better coverage

6. Thanks joebruin77 thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the question as I was thinking similar. If I get the bigger foamer, I’ll probably 3D print a holder/mount for the Milwaukee M12 Inflator. And I’ll be primarily getting it for Frothe. Thanks for all the advice Coatings!

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Frothe and the Ammo foamer I can do 3 washes on the 40oz foamer and have a little to spare. Maybe 3.5 total. But usually working with already pretty clean cars.

10. Likes joebruin77, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t startca thread on it but love to hear what you think of the OP waterless in a foamer.

Just wanted to report back that I got my iK foam pro 2+ and used it to apply some of the OP Ecowash. It worked really well. The solution foamed up real nice. I used the medium tip, so it was not too wet or too dry. I only had to use a third to a half of a capful of the product and it smells really great. My wife even commented on how good the stuff smells.

If I had to do it over, I would probably skip getting the iK 2+ and just get the regular 2. I don't see myself using the option to fill the foamer with an air compressor all that much. To get the best quality foam, you have to keep the unit pressurized as much as possible. So as you are going over the car, you have to repump after every couple of panels. I think it is easier to manually pump rather than keep going back to the air compressor to fill up each time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Just wanted to report back that I got my iK foam pro 2+ and used it to apply some of the OP Ecowash. It worked really well. The solution foamed up real nice. I used the medium tip, so it was not too wet or too dry. I only had to use a third to a half of a capful of the product and it smells really great. My wife even commented on how good the stuff smells.

If I had to do it over, I would probably skip getting the iK 2+ and just get the regular 2. I don't see myself using the option to fill the foamer with an air compressor all that much. To get the best quality foam, you have to keep the unit pressurized as much as possible. So as you are going over the car, you have to repump after every couple of panels. I think it is easier to manually pump rather than keep going back to the air compressor to fill up each time.
    Pictures of the foam quality?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I did not take any pics. I will make a point to do it next wash and post them.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Ammo Frothe Salt from my new IK Foamer 12. Very dry foam. First panel I sprayed and I used too much. But foam stuck with minimal drooping.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I had a pump sprayer/foamer faze…….

I have been meaning to post a pump foamer review. As you can see I have used the IK 1.5, Foam-it (Ammo NYC) and Marolex Axel 3000.

To start off I will say invest once in an IK foam 12 over any of these. Definitely worth the extra money. Less pumping, better overall coverage. Wish i woulda bought two of those and kept usimg my Round up large wand sprayer in hindsight.

I’ve stopped foaming most liquids except for using BiltHamber AutoFoam and Ammo Frothe. I find, for me, most cleaners and ApC’s work better in liquid form.

Marolex:

1st impression is built well, sturdy. After using it…. Well…. $h!ttY

From the get it had inconsistent foam pattern. Foam was clumpiest of all 3 and used most products.

Tried all the different tips that come with it. Now it’s clogged and just using Ammo Frothe in it. All the other foamers did not have this problem. Would not buy it again.

Also do not like where the spray lock is because i always accidentally engage. Not a big deal but annoying.

Also never been dropped or abused but seam seams to be coming loose. Doesn’t affect performance but QC?

Would not purchase again. Not worth premium price.

IK:

I have the old 1.5 but the spray heads look same inside and out with exception of lock to keep from accidental spray.

Prefer this to lock usage vs Marolex lock to keep spraying.

Build quality is nice but I had one fail at the seam and loose air pressure. Warranty is non existent.

Medium spray works well for Frothe and dry I like with snow foams. Spray pattern is good (Ammo Nicer) and the fan pattern is not too wide. Newest version comes with schrader valve for faster fill ups.

Still not happy with warranty experience I had but it’s a decent product, build quality (feel) is almost nice as the Marolex but it works so much better.

Would buy again.

Foam it/Epoca/Ammo

So i had a problem with first one leaking where release valve is. Ammo replaced it but I wouldn’t count on that every time as the seem impossible to warranty because all companies are from out of country.

Second one has seen most use and has been a consistent piece in my arsenal. The quality of the foam it lays down is most consistent and smooth.

The only drawbacks I see is it has a wide spray pattern so need to get used to distance from surface to control width of fan.

Lastly all the spray heads are molded and put together in 2 pieces. The Marolex and IK have the handle molded in one solid piece connected to bottom piece.

They Ammo/Epoca seam were the two pieces come together runs along length of the handle. Doesn’t feel as sturdy.

Based of performance this would be my first choice but it is also most expensive at $60 from Ammo. It can be found on the Bay from time to time for $35-40 including shipping. The IK can be had from AutoGeek for $43 ($32.75 w/25% off sale)

For price+ performance (long as you don’t need it warranty) the IK is a great value.

Again if i had it all to do over i would save time, effort and money and just buy a IK foam pro 12.

I like pump sprayers for waterless and pretreat. If buying for that i’d buy which ever one is cheapest as the all seam to work well and have a finer mist than the garden ones from Home Depot.

Wow, thanks!

I have the Kwazar bit never used it. Maybe I can sell it off on ebay.

I just need something to foam Optimum Power Clean on tires and wheels.

I was looking at IK, but went with Kwazae because I have some of their sprayers.

IK Foam 12 it is then.

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast