autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Reccomend a polish

Hi all,

Ive been doing some paint restoration on an old titan i bought, I got some Rupes Blue heavy cut compound and when paired with a microfiber pad ... WOW it just removed those swirls like they were never there. I followed up with a brand x polish (not sold at AG) and I was ... ok with it. Ive also used Meguiars 205, and Car pro essence (didnt really get to use much, still have the bottle but its over a year old)
    I just bought a brand new 2023 VW GLI in white. It predictably has some swirls in the paint. I have a Gtechnic exo/Crystal kit i am going to apply to the car. Before I do, i want to make the paint flawless.
    All this to say, I need a polish recommendation. The rupes ultra compound really impressed me, I know they also have Yellow polish and white ultra finish.

Is the Yellow a good option for finishing? I use Rupes yellow pads all the time but have never used the polish.
    Do i need the white instead? VW paint is pretty hard, so dont know if the white would do anything.
    Should I use the essence i have (if its still any good) I know its low cut, so not sure if itll do the job.
    Is there a better option?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reccomend a polish

The yellow cap rupes finished out great on my car - Camry and just the roof, i use all kinds of different stuff and i honestly don't see any difference. It did gum up and get dusty if I worked it for more than a minute. It's a fast polish.

I prefer sonax's perfect finish however but the finish to me is no different.

And yeah the rupes blue is supposed to be a very fast and strong cutter. If you like that i would just stick with the rupes yellow polish. The white is for difficult/soft paints according to Rupes themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently tried many polishes/compounds on a 2020 BMW while getting swirls out and found many that worked well but my favorite was from PolishAngel - their Master Compound. Can work it a long time and the wipe away was extremely easy. I was happy with it as a one step.

Ships quickly and they often have deals if you give them your email.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I recently tried many polishes/compounds on a 2020 BMW while getting swirls out and found many that worked well but my favorite was from PolishAngel - their Master Compound. Can work it a long time and the wipe away was extremely easy. I was happy with it as a one step.

Ships quickly and they often have deals if you give them your email.

I was going to buy their polish last summer! Big fan of polishangel but shipping and import fees are a bummer to canada.

5. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I was going to buy their polish last summer! Big fan of polishangel but shipping and import fees are a bummer to canada.
    I hate shipping. I'd rather spend until I get to the free shipping. No import fees in the US... that's a bummer. If I had import fees it would just give me more reason to jump on a flight regularly and pick-up myself. Reccomend a polish

7. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    I hate shipping. I'd rather spend until I get to the free shipping. No import fees in the US... that's a bummer. If I had import fees it would just give me more reason to jump on a flight regularly and pick-up myself. Reccomend a polish

Yeah I seem to do that too but someone once said to me about shipping.

How much would you spend in gas to go get what you want. How much time out of your day? Even if you get free shipping it is not “free”. Someone is paying for it.

Even with Amazon most pay for prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like learning "systems", and the Rupes DA Fine is a really nice polish. It can get a little aggressive when needed and still leave a great finish.

My personal choices are 3D ONE, AAT502, ACA520, or Optimum Hyper Polish

11. Likes opie, noorth, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to go with the sonax perfect finish, which they rate 4/6 for cut, and 6/6 for finish.I figure it should have more than enough cut for the paint, but finish pretty well. If im not happy with the finish,ill follow up with the car pro essence.
    The plan is to try the Perfect finish on a rupes yellow pad, if it needs more cut, ill use a Griots orange pad.

13. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    I decided to go with the sonax perfect finish, which they rate 4/6 for cut, and 6/6 for finish.I figure it should have more than enough cut for the paint, but finish pretty well. If im not happy with the finish,ill follow up with the car pro essence.
    The plan is to try the Perfect finish on a rupes yellow pad, if it needs more cut, ill use a Griots orange pad.
    Highest Gloss!!! From A Finishing Polish! - YouTube
    Can't go wrong and the price is right!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Highest Gloss!!! From A Finishing Polish! - YouTube
    Can't go wrong and the price is right!!
    Its funny, i was between the sonax and Koch chemie polishes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast