autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK Questions

Yeah if this is your 1st coating I’d recommend the 50ml bottle. Guz is right in that 1st time coating you will probably use too much.

Also just in case you need to repolish and recoat a panel due to high spot you’ll have enough.

As for reflect or essence that depends on how much correction you’d need. If paint is in great shape go Essence.

I would buy the kit with the tiny bottle of Reload. I’m not a fan but will use proprietary toppers during the cure period. I’m not a fan of it and Use Polish Angel for maintenance afterwards.

Need to wait at least 1 hour and 24 hours is best.

It’s a great coating and you’ll be happy.

For the leather I would use Gyeon LeatherCoat as it’s in my arsenal and I like it alot. I also love Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl coating. It works on white leather and also on vinyl. I trust The Giz and if he says your vegan leather is vinyl rhen it should work fine.

Also i feel it’s not a true coating like Gyeon’s LeatherShield or Cquartz leather. More of a durable sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks benny3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Thanks for this mate.

After researching beadmaker (hadn't heard of it before down here in Aus), it looks like exactly what I'm after - super slick and super glossy.

Regarding beadmaker:

What's the durability like?
    Can it hurt the CQuartz underneath?
    Is there even a point to using CQuartz if I'm regularly applying the beadmaker?
    Durability of breadmaker is why I use it. It's not long at all, especially over top of a coating. Will NOT impact the coating under it in a negative way. I use it all the time on my four vehicles all coated with various products. The point of it is to simply appease the "topper" mentality or drying aid mentality that's in many of us. If you like to maintain a 100% slick finish over course of time, it will help ensure that. The point of the coating is long term durability.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    You could also look at a sealant such as Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1 if you’re going to apply every 4 months or so and then you could use their Ceramic Speed Shine for the more regular use topper.
    I've used and like Griots 3-in-1, but I would not use it as a coating topper. From my experience it's beading and sheeting is not as good as CQ UK. Applying it to the top of the coating would actually mute the beading/sheeting performance. If someone really feels like they need a topper, I'd probably look elsewhere.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes dgage, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've used and like Griots 3-in-1, but I would not use it as a coating topper. From my experience it's beading and sheeting is not as good as CQ UK. Applying it to the top of the coating would actually mute the beading/sheeting performance. If someone really feels like they need a topper, I'd probably look elsewhere.
    Sorry I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t suggesting it as a topper but actually for paint protection. That was in regards to his question of if he uses Bead Maker regularly, does he even need CQuartz and I was giving him an alternative to a true coating and the CSS was to replace the use of Bead Maker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Sorry I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t suggesting it as a topper but actually for paint protection. That was in regards to his question of if he uses Bead Maker regularly, does he even need CQuartz and I was giving him an alternative to a true coating and the CSS was to replace the use of Bead Maker.
    Ah. Makes sense. In that case, 3-in-1 is a very good option.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I installed CQUK3.0 back in August on the wifes Sienna. Reload is not impressive after you drive the car 5 feet. Since then did some research on boosters vs SIO2 toppers. I pulled the trigger on BF Sio2 sealant as a topper to protect from the New Hampshire winter roads. That might give you an alternate path.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Elixir would serve you well.

Reload can be a pain to work with sometimes, as can Elixir, but if greater longevity can be had with Elixir...

In my neck of the woods, I use Optimum Hyper Seal. But consider that I'm mostly using Optimum Gloss Coat for my clients.

I keep Reload on hand for the times I use CQUK 3.0. I also have Gliss that I'll use as either a topper or a stand alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I used it on CQUK3 and still got the coatings beading. I have not had that experience yet where the topper mutes the coating behavior….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I applied it to my wife's car when I noticed what I thought was the coating start to fail. The idea was to give it something to get through winter and I'll re-coat the car in the spring.

Immediately, I noticed the beading wasn't as tight and sheeting was slower than even the failing coating. After four months and what I imagine is the 3-in-1 starting to wear off, the beading/sheeting is starting to improve again to about what it was before I applied anything.

13. Likes The Guz, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12