autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cold weather drying aid/quick detailer

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Isnt that the same as coin opCold weather drying aid/quick detailerCold weather drying aid/quick detailer

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    It is similar except you don't have to get out of your car and freeze your butt off! Plus it will dry the car mostly at the end also.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest first getting yourself a propane turbo heater for your garage.

This. You already have the hard/expensive part - the Garage. If you don't have room for the blast from a Turbo heater, you can get a heating unit that sits on top of a propane tank from a outdoor grill.

Heaters - PRODUCT

3. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It is similar except you don't have to get out of your car and freeze your butt off! Plus it will dry the car mostly at the end also.

Oh yeah i got ya, we got those around. As convenient as they may be i dont think the do as good a job. I prefer the coin op ones...as the touchless ones dont spray the inner fenderwells and the inside lip where all the salt/debris likes to collect.

Plus ive personally seen those blowdryers blow ventvisors, bug deflectors and other stuff off other peoples vehicles b4.

I also dont know what type of products they use.

When i use the coin op...i only use the high pressure rinse. Never anything else. I know i sound crazy lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    ... I am seeing some light marring of my soft black paint, but not sure if it's from going around the mostly dry car after a 2BM wash/blow dry with a CarPro Dhydrate and no drying aid, or if it's from the few rinseless ONR washes I've done ...
    I guess you'd have to do a surface inventory after each wash to try and sleuth out where the marring's coming from after trying each method.

Personally, I didn't care for ONR as a rinseless in general (found road grime clung to the surface much easier than before I started using it as a RW). I can't say using the Big Red Sponge contributed to any marring on my paint, but I've got pretty hard Audi Metallic.

In cold weather, I tried ONR Wash and Wax and thought it took notably more buffing than Griot's Rinseless Wash and Wax.

To compare "leave nothing" rinselesses, I've also found Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless to "buff off" easier (for me) in comparison to N-914. Last time I used 914 I thought the Brilliant Finish had slightly better cleaning power (both of them were mixed at the prescribed ratio on their respective bottles).

I'll confess a slight Griot's bias in general, but it's largely because I've found their stuff to require much less mental bandwidth to get good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I have used Ammo hydrate when cold with success
    I'm still trying to hit my stride with Hydrate. Are you using barely any when you use it? I'm probably over-applying. Also, have you noticed it affecting your water behavior? Seems to slow water shedding for me, but again I feel like maybe I'm using it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I guess you'd have to do a surface inventory after each wash to try and sleuth out where the marring's coming from after trying each method.

Personally, I didn't care for ONR as a rinseless in general (found road grime clung to the surface much easier than before I started using it as a RW). I can't say using the Big Red Sponge contributed to any marring on my paint, but I've got pretty hard Audi Metallic.

In cold weather, I tried ONR Wash and Wax and thought it took notably more buffing than Griot's Rinseless Wash and Wax.

To compare "leave nothing" rinselesses, I've also found Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless to "buff off" easier (for me) in comparison to N-914. Last time I used 914 I thought the Brilliant Finish had slightly better cleaning power (both of them were mixed at the prescribed ratio on their respective bottles).

I'll confess a slight Griot's bias in general, but it's largely because I've found their stuff to require much less mental bandwidth to get good results.

I'm still trying to hit my stride with Hydrate. Are you using barely any when you use it? I'm probably over-applying. Also, have you noticed it affecting your water behavior? Seems to slow water shedding for me, but again I feel like maybe I'm using it wrong.
    Try Feynlab RW for getting that road grime off and if the suggested ratio doesn't work, kick it "a little" and I mean A LITTKE, stuff is oretty damn strong Cold weather drying aid/quick detailer

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When i use the coin op...i only use the high pressure rinse. Never anything else. I know i sound crazy lol
    You’re in good company.

And they don’t have the touchless automatic washes here anymore, presumably because others thought they didn’t work well either.

9. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I just got back from the quarter car wash. I learned a couple things.

I brought a bucket, my long-handled chenille mitt, EGO 530, Griot's Speed Shine, and a plush drying towel.

My process was:
    1. Rinsed car using the warm water high pressure rinse top to bottom
    2. Used the "soap" setting to spray the car bottom to top and filled up my bucket with a couple gallons of whatever their soapy concoction is
    3. Washed the car with my chenille mitt, periodically dipping into the bucket (basically a 1BM)
    4. Loaded more money and rinsed car with warm high pressure rinse
    5. Blow dry with EGO 530 to get 70% of the water off (paint is getting clogged or my Meg's HCW is failing prematurely... the vertical surfaces didn't bead water very well, but sheeted decently)
    6. Sprayed whole car lightly with Speed Shine
    7. Towel dried with plush drying towel (no noticeable streaking, but also it was cold so I didn't analyze it too much)

This seemed to work well, but next time I would like to fill my bucket at home with my own soap. That way I know it's pH neutral and I don't waste time/money filling it at the car wash. I need to buy a lid for my bucket first.

Second thing I learned, Speed Shine does quite well in colder temps!

11. Likes Bosko, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, glad that worked. I have a adams 5 gal bucket with gamma lid and seal. That would work perfect for taking to the coin op.

I use it for mixing up solution b4 leaving the house to soak dirty buffing pads in when do work at someone else's garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

First do you have the 1st or 2nd gen hydrate? 2nd gen looks like blue lotion. 1st gen a little more watery.

I use 1 to 2 sprays per panel. Don’t need a lot. I use mainly on coated cars.

I’m a different case. On my cquk3 coated car, I found nothing affected the water behavior. But even on current non coated car i still don’t find it affects the protection. There is very little protection in hydrate.

Maybe your not removing all?

Towel may make a difference….. i use pfm’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    You’re in good company.

And they don’t have the touchless automatic washes here anymore, presumably because others thought they didn’t work well either.
    I will use touchless coin op before a rinseless in winter sometimes.

I’ll foam from IK, rinse, drive through touchless and then rinseless if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast