autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Slight mars on my new dark roof

Evening guys,

I just returned from my sons MX race where his ez-up from not being secured to the ground blew across the top of my new car. The plastic feet of the ez-up slightly put some very slight fine marks in the clear coat. You cannot feel them with your finger nail and can only see them when you look at an angle. There is like 3 of them about 10" long side by side. I put some Griots ceramic green wax/polish on when I bought it new a months ago, 2 coats.

Anyway, I'd like to take my Griots G9 and some 3D speed polish and try to rub them out. I have some orange and some white Lake country pads as well. If I use the white pad light over those marks with a few passes, will I have to do the whole roof of my new Corolla? Or can I just do where the marks are? Do I need to reapply the Griots ceramic afterwards?

Thank you very much.

Sid

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Slight mars on my new dark roof

Quote Originally Posted by cityjack View Post
    Evening guys,

I just returned from my sons MX race where his ez-up from not being secured to the ground blew across the top of my new car. The plastic feet of the ez-up slightly put some very slight fine marks in the clear coat. You cannot feel them with your finger nail and can only see them when you look at an angle. There is like 3 of them about 10" long side by side. I put some Griots ceramic green wax/polish on when I bought it new a months ago, 2 coats.

Anyway, I'd like to take my Griots G9 and some 3D speed polish and try to rub them out. I have some orange and some white Lake country pads as well. If I use the white pad light over those marks with a few passes, will I have to do the whole roof of my new Corolla? Or can I just do where the marks are? Do I need to reapply the Griots ceramic afterwards?

Thank you very much.

Sid
    I would just polish the marks even if you need to use the orange pads. If any swirls then do whole roof. I would wipe down with a prep wipe/isp alcohol and then reapplythe griots 3-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes dgage liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Slight mars on my new dark roof

Thank you for your help. I just didn't want to make a slight issue bigger by using the orange pads or even more having to do the whole roof by creating an issue with the polisher.

Its 50 deg F and overcast today in North Carolina. You think I'm okay to use the 3D and work outside today?

Have a great Christmas and thank you again.

Sid