autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?

My wife and I are ordering a new Ford Mustang Mach E in the color "Grabber Blue". I want to protect the paint shortly after delivery. I can't apply a ceramic coating because I don't have a garage or sheltered space to do the prep work, apply the coating, and let it cure. I am limited to what I can do in the driveway in the early morning.

So my question is, what sealant or wax would you apply to a new car like this that would maximize protection and also enhance gloss as much as possible? I want something durable but since I don't mind reapplying every 2-3 months, long term durability is not as much of a concern for me.

Here are some sealants and waxes I already have:

Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax
    Xtreme Solutions Poly Seal
    Xtreme Solutions Magnum Wax
    Collinite 845
    Collinite 915
    Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray

I was thinking of Mckees37 Crystal Diamond SiO2 Wax.

I welcome any other suggestions or recommendations.

Thank you,
    Joe

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?

A friend of mine just bought a new Honda Accord Hybrid and I recommended Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1. It’s easy to use and has decent durability. It will give continuous protection if applied every 4 months or so. And you can put it on glass, trim, paint, everything. Heck, one guy on here puts it on his grill and I’m stealing that idea.

And congrats on the car, I can’t wait to drive one some day soon.

4. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?

Polish Angel cosmic. Coating like beading and literally the easiest thing you will ever apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes joebruin77, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You got a Lotta good stuff there, why buy new stuff?, sounds like an addiction to Detailing, I know that feeling. I’d use the Griots 3-1 quarterly and call it a day….
    Glen -

8. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#915 is a no-brainerBest protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?Best protection for a new Ford Mustang Mach E that is NOT a ceramic coating?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB, joebruin77, 627PCFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The products in your list are just fine for your goals....
    Mix them up every few months to see what is the winner...... enjoy your shiny new car.....

12. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    You got a Lotta good stuff there, why buy new stuff?, sounds like an addiction to Detailing, I know that feeling. I’d use the Griots 3-1 quarterly and call it a day….
    People just want to flex that they bought a new vehicle. We all know there is nothing magical about any of the products. wax/sealants need to be reapplied often compared to a coating.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

14. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    People just want to flex that they bought a new vehicle.
    LOL!!!

I was going to make a separate post but I'll make one here

I have a 2022 corvette coming in May....I mean I suppose I could use the 27 waxes/sealants I have now but I thought there might be something to make my 2022 corvette shine.
    2021 was a great year for me, I lost 50 pounds got my teeth fixed and made $200K more than I was supposed too..
    If anyone has a suggestion for a product for my new 2022 corvette I'd appreciate it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Cosmic (never used it but in Coatings i trust as well as Esoteric)
    Hyper-Seal is really nice to work with and has a unique look IMO (The Guz just did a review of it)
    Gyeon Wet Coat (super easy/makes drying easy after wash/less touching of paint)
    GG 3 in 1 (durable)

Congrats on the new car!!

17. Likes joebruin77, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    LOL!!!

I was going to make a separate post but I'll make one here

I have a 2022 corvette coming in May....I mean I suppose I could use the 27 waxes/sealants I have now but I thought there might be something to make my 2022 corvette shine.
    2021 was a great year for me, I lost 50 pounds got my teeth fixed and made $200K more than I was supposed too..
    If anyone has a suggestion for a product for my new 2022 corvette I'd appreciate it.....
    What makes a 2022 Corvette so much different to shine than a 2020 or 2018 or 2010? Im just so confused why people ask this stuff. Youre here you already have products and made cars shine so what magic do you think it takes for a 2022? Thats why I say what I did. Not trying to be offensive at all just genuinely wonder.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast