autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

#1 Yellow Carnauba Wax........

i noticed every wax on the market claims #1 yellow carnauba!!! why do wax companys say there useing the best carnauba wax #1? is there a #2 ?.. or is this just marketing?
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #1 Yellow Carnauba Wax........

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    i noticed every wax on the market claims #1 yellow carnauba!!! why do wax companys say there useing the best carnauba wax #1? is there a #2 ?.. or is this just marketing?

yes there are different grades of wax...#1 being the most refined for clarity...

here is some info from Mothers on grades of wax....

Carnauba is available in various grades of purity and clarity: #1 yellow is the top grade going downward to #2 yellow, #3 yellow, and various other commercial grades. For our wax products (California Gold® Carnauba Cleaner Wax, California Gold® Original Formula Paste Wax, California Gold® Natural Formula Pure Carnauba Wax; paste and liquid; and Hot Wheels™ Premium Wax) we use #1 yellow exclusively, the finest grade of carnauba available.

the lesser grades are used in cosmetics..candy...medicines..since they do not need clarity...

AL

Post Thanks / Like

Carnauba Wax
    Number one grade Carnauba varies from a very pale yellow (so called ‘white’), through a greenish brown (yellow). It is the world’s purest, hardest and most transparent natural wax repellent derived from the Brazilian palm Copernia Cerefera. This wax coats the leaves and is hydrophobic; it forms a barrier that is a natural deterrent from acid rain, airborne pollutants and acidic bird excrement.

Its colour is determined by the ages of the leaves when harvested, and ranges from pale yellow (new, unopened leaves) to a greenish brown (older leaves exposed to sun and weather).

Carnauba Wax - http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f38/carnauba-1263.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al-53 View Post
    yes there are different grades of wax...#1 being the most refined for clarity...

here is some info from Mothers on grades of wax....

Carnauba is available in various grades of purity and clarity: #1 yellow is the top grade going downward to #2 yellow, #3 yellow, and various other commercial grades. For our wax products (California Gold® Carnauba Cleaner Wax, California Gold® Original Formula Paste Wax, California Gold® Natural Formula Pure Carnauba Wax; paste and liquid; and Hot Wheels™ Premium Wax) we use #1 yellow exclusively, the finest grade of carnauba available.

the lesser grades are used in cosmetics..candy...medicines..since they do not need clarity...

AL
    oh ok thanks!!!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...