autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 3 Favorite Detailing Products

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    What do you use to apply the tire dressing? I'm still looking for one I really like and based on this post I think I'll pick up a bottle. I also was planning to pick up some DreamMaker in the spring to use on top of some TBD carnauba-based wax -- does the DreamMaker attract a lot of dust? That seems to be a problem in my area.

Is CarPro Reset safe to use for maintenance washes on carnauba-waxed cars or will it strip the wax? Also, would that P21s take the place of a strip wash, or how/when do you use it?
    Car pro states it could affect waxes and sealants. With Carnauba i’d stick with HyperWash or Optimum Car Wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks BlackCarBlues thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 3 Favorite Detailing Products

1.Ammo Frothe and hydrate (consider them a package deal)

2. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz (Probably to be replaced by. High Gloss)

3. Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl cleaner.

Edit: Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl *Coating

This product doesn’t get much head lines but a glowing matte finish is best way to explain.

35% off right now. Grab a bottle. Won’t be disappointed.

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is CarPro Reset safe to use for maintenance washes on carnauba-waxed cars or will it strip the wax? Also, would that P21s take the place of a strip wash, or how/when do you use it?
    Many have said they found it to degrade waxes and some sealants, it may be pH balanced but as the bottle says it cleans like a high alkaline shampoo. It is tailored more towards SiO2 protection systems that's for sure, but I have yet to find a shampoo that cleans as well. Just gives you an excuse to wax your car again in a month or so That's not really a bad thing, is it?
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Likes Bosko, CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Just gives you an excuse to wax your car again

8. Likes PouncingPanzer, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually have a top five because each is a different product for a different purpose. In the spirit of this thread I'll do my top 3 and then two honorable mentions.

Top 3:

1. Carpro ECH2O - A faithful partner for all my QD needs
    2. Duragloss #253 - Best tire dressing I've ever used.
    3. Carpro CQuartz UK - Regardless of version, this coating never fails to get the job done. It's on all of my cars and two other family member vehicles as well.

Honorable Mention:

Meguiars Hyperwash - Great soap and I appreciate it the more I use it.
    Griots Wheel Cleaner - It's the regular strength green stuff. Strong enough to take on all by the worst jobs, and even then it's a great "first strike option" before digging out the bug guns to clean up any really bad patches.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Many have said they found it to degrade waxes and some sealants, it may be pH balanced but as the bottle says it cleans like a high alkaline shampoo. It is tailored more towards SiO2 protection systems that's for sure, but I have yet to find a shampoo that cleans as well. Just gives you an excuse to wax your car again in a month or so That's not really a bad thing, is it?
    Nope, not a bad thing at all. With carnauba as my “summer” protection, I would expect to wax about once a month anyways. However, from the feedback I received here, I think I’d rather do maintenance washes with Meg’s Hyperwash, and then a monthly wash with CarPro Lift since it’s a true strip wash. Then I can reapply my carnauba on a beautiful stripped surface.

Tangentially… does Gold Class car wash have more in it than Hyperwash? GC is my go-to right now and I can’t say I really NOTICE it leaving anything, but of course it might be…

12. Likes CleanIT, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think when used at the normal dilution ratio Reset should be safe for most if not all sealants. Waxes not so sure. I love Reset and will likely always use it from now on. Smells so good too.

P21s Paintwork Cleanser is a product I really enjoy using. I discovered it via Apex videos. It works so well and is a very nice product to use. It's not abrasive and really cleans the paint well as advertised. You can use it by hand, which it is designed for, or with a DA. Minimal pressure and back/forth motions. It cleans glass and will remove water spots too. It's a dated product and not something most professional detailers would use, but for someone like myself that plays around with different products now and then, it's been great to have on hand. It will strip most sealants I have found; however you need to still use a paint prep because it does contain gloss enhancers and fillers. Give it a shot you may really like it. It's a great product to clean/prep the paint before an LSP. It won't remove a coating though.

14. Likes BlackCarBlues, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tangentially… does Gold Class car wash have more in it than Hyperwash? GC is my go-to right now and I can’t say I really NOTICE it leaving anything, but of course it might be…
    I haven't used Gold Class in over 10 years, but from what I remember, they are very different. From my experience Gold Class is really thick which made it hard to fully mix in the wash solution and it was also hard to rinse off completely. Lubrication and cleaning ability were average, at best. Hyperwash is more concentrated, thinner so mixes/rinses easier, has much better lubrication, and the cleaning ability is stronger.

I left Gold Class long ago after finding much better products from Poorboys, Sonax, Optimum, and now Meguiars Pro line.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

16. Likes PouncingPanzer, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No particular order,
    1 Ego 650 blower. Also have a Big Boi Mini Plus and that could go sub in here as well, but the Ego is just easier. Drying is the thing I would put at the bottom of the whole detail list of fun things. So anything to make it go by faster.
    2 Good Shop Vac with all it's attachments. I can't stand any dirt inside a vehicle, a good quality vacuum is a must. I use mine if I get any dirt from my boots after any drive needed, takes about 2 minutes and all clean again and never have a vacuum session ever then.
    3 Meguiars M27. I know this hasn't got alot of attention or got any love from others, but I have had amazing results with it. I haven't dipped my toes into fullon ceramic coatings so the sealants with ceramics is fine with me. The ceramics in this make beading and drying off a breeze with either blower above, water can't get off fast enough. I really like alot about this product.

Now I will say, I feel #3 may change to a new player once winter is behind us again. Black Friday sales and my visa shook hands...

18. Likes CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are...
    1 - Topper
    2 - Adam's car shampoo
    3 - P&S brake buster

I find that I often need to hit the tires after P&S BB with Adam's rubber & tire to get them fully clean. I have to wash in the sunlight most of the time, but I plan to pickup some CarPro Reset to try this coming spring. This time of the year sucks out loud here in Indiana. Back in the day, I used to visit the self serve car wash to use the warm water and give my cars a bath. Anymore, my old bones don't want anything to do with cold weather LOL.

20. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast