autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW HS Acrylic tire spray coating.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Picked up some Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating (TWHSGATSSC) and used it on my new (installed 2 weeks ago) Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires (no prior dressings or cleanings). First cleaned with 3 rounds of Shine Supply Wise Guy tire cleaner and then cleaned the rim and tire with Meguiar's Non-Acid Tire/Wheel Cleaner before drying with my new Ego 765 Blower (Father’s Day present).

Before cleaning tires AND before cleaning the car:

After 1st coat:

After 2nd and final coat (will clean the car later in the evening when it cools down):

Initial coat didn’t seem to soak in well so I wiped it a second time with the foam tire applicator and it smoothed out though it was somewhat blotchy. The second coat the next day seemed to go on well and consistent with a very nice look. Nice sheen, not too glossy but looks well dressed. We’ll see how long it lasts.
    Those wheel wells are begging for some Hyper Dressing TW HS Acrylic tire spray coating.

2. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Those wheel wells are begging for some Hyper Dressing TW HS Acrylic tire spray coating.
    I did try to say this was before a wash. I didn’t have enough time to do a full wash and extensive tire wash last night so I focused on the tires. Yes, the car needs to be cleaned and dressed. I do have some Hyper Dressing coming so I can try it out as I normally use DG 253.

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did try to say this was before a wash. I didn’t have enough time to do a full wash and extensive tire wash last night so I focused on the tires. Yes, the car needs to be cleaned and dressed. I do have some Hyper Dressing coming so I can try it out as I normally use DG 253.
    I totally missed that. Lol

6. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's safe to say that the Graphene/Acrylic lasted about a month and a half on my car, which for me equals over 3,000 miles and several drives through the rain. When I washed the car last (about a week ago), all I used was Hyper Wash and a microfiber cloth for the tires and HW and a soft brush for the wheels. The tires were still shedding water - not beading or anything, the water just didn't seem to 'stick.' And they looked clean and black, like new, undressed tires. I'm still happy with their "look." I could take a pic of their current condition, but it's raining and getting dark, so I won't LOL
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me in NW was about 2 1/2 weeks which is nice for a tire dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’m good for probably 6-8 weeks down here in Florida -car garaged, air-conditioned, and hardly ever driven in the rain… So I think my conditions are optimum
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Tires are probably outgasing and still have that protective coating on them, either way you'll love this product!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tires are probably outgasing and still have that protective coating on them, either way you'll love this product!
    Thanks Klasse. You’re one of the main reasons I bought it. Good chance my new Michelins are still off gassing but I waited a few weeks and cleaned well with no more brown after cleaning. Wanted to get something on the tires so they look decent but wont necessarily grade the longevity at this point. 1st pass of dressing had some splotchiness but the second round looked nice and evenly dressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Klasse. You’re one of the main reasons I bought it. Good chance my new Michelins are still off gassing but I waited a few weeks and cleaned well with no more brown after cleaning. Wanted to get something on the tires so they look decent but wont necessarily grade the longevity at this point. 1st pass of dressing had some splotchiness but the second round looked nice and evenly dressed.
    My tires are over a year old and have been scrubbed many times which is probably why I got away with doing just one coat without any splotchiness. I think Klasse has a good point.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

15. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    My tires are over a year old and have been scrubbed many times which is probably why I got away with doing just one coat without any splotchiness. I think Klasse has a good point.
    I completely agree. In my experience, Michelins are especially challenging in getting them to accept coatings/dressings when still fairly new. But after the second coat, the tires look completely natural and well-dressed. But we definitely can’t determine the dressings longevity with new tires. Sorry I didn’t make that more clear when I wrote my initial post.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast