autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CP Essence Plus drying aid / topper?

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Yeah I’ve tried heaps of different techniques! It might just not play well with CQ Lite. What are you using it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right now just over PA Cosmic and Kami OverCoat. I have used it on CQUK3.0. Try the TW WW out. You can get locally from autoparts store and it really is nice for an OTC product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Right now just over PA Cosmic and Kami OverCoat. I have used it on CQUK3.0. Try the TW WW out. You can get locally from autoparts store and it really is nice for an OTC product.

I am in Australia, but I think I can get it here OTC too. I’m starting fresh with NV Evo in the next 3ish months so will try Megs HCD first as I already have a bottle of that.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenshotx View Post
    Suggestions for a drying aid, topper?

Applied Essence Plus to my aging CP coating. I am not a fan of Reload, or eliXir, and will probably go a different direction once the coating finally fails and needs to be redone.
    What don't you like about Elixir?

I so far have had issue with Elixir and NV Boost as drying aids on CQ Lite. Have tried numerous methods and they both still streak and ‘haze’. Looks horrible the next day. My car is black.

Will be trying Megs Hybrid Ceramic Detailer and Gyeon Ceramic Detailer next.

Interested to hear what others have had success with.

What methods have you been using?

Post Thanks / Like

CP Essence Plus drying aid / topper?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What don't you like about Elixir?

What methods have you been using?
    I’ve tried different amounts (1-5 sprays) per panel. I always use 2 towels (1 to apply, 1 to buff streak free) but have tried various different towels (edgless 350, 500, lower gsm towels, platinum pluffle, gauntlet, other various towels). I’ve tried both dry and as a drying aid. I’ve tried spraying directly into the towel (this does work better) and directly onto the panel. Have tried dampening my first towel only, then second towel only, and then both. I’ve got it to the point where it hardly streaks, but I can still find ‘some’ streaks in direct sunlight.

When applied dry no matter how much I buff a haze ghost like film always comes back. It’s like the coating is rejecting it. It’s weird.

Always applied in the shade and on a clean panel.

It’s worth mentioning that on the wife’s white car I can’t find any streaks so it could just be my black paint *shrugs*

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of Elixr either due to application issues. However, I do really like ECH2O for just about every post-wash need. It doesn't have the durable protective abilities like Elixr, but since all of my vehicles are coated I don't need any additional protection for the paint.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Elixr is a straight up dust magnet. I used it to touch up some water drips on my driver side door…2 days later it was very obvious where I had sprayed it as the area was caked in dust while the rest of the car was fine. Also…yes it’s a black car.

Post Thanks / Like

Elixir def streaks.
    I make BMJ and it works wonders!

I plan on mixing Elixer with some other stuff just so it can be used up. I wouldn’t even give it away. And I very much enjoy CarPro products.

*edit*

Hybrid tire shine.

Mix PERL & Elixir.

I already do this with PERL and Reload, so why not? (Will report back with results later on.)

9. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve tried different amounts (1-5 sprays) per panel. I always use 2 towels (1 to apply, 1 to buff streak free) but have tried various different towels (edgless 350, 500, lower gsm towels, platinum pluffle, gauntlet, other various towels). I’ve tried both dry and as a drying aid. I’ve tried spraying directly into the towel (this does work better) and directly onto the panel. Have tried dampening my first towel only, then second towel only, and then both. I’ve got it to the point where it hardly streaks, but I can still find ‘some’ streaks in direct sunlight.

When applied dry no matter how much I buff a haze ghost like film always comes back. It’s like the coating is rejecting it. It’s weird.

Always applied in the shade and on a clean panel.

It’s worth mentioning that on the wife’s white car I can’t find any streaks so it could just be my black paint *shrugs*

Wow 5 sprays. Never heard anyone using that many. 1-2 sprays at best.

Also I tend to cycle towels during the application process whether dry or as a drying aid as the same towel will load up especially with many sprays.

Elixir is also temperature dependent. It will streak at colder temperatures much easier.

Have you tried a twisted loop towel for wipe off like the rag company FTW or griots PFM?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    Elixr is a straight up dust magnet. I used it to touch up some water drips on my driver side door…2 days later it was very obvious where I had sprayed it as the area was caked in dust while the rest of the car was fine. Also…yes it’s a black car.
    I haven’t had any issues with it and dust. But everyone has different circumstances.

For example one of my good friends lived 2 hours north of me and he had dusting issues with EcH20 while I didn’t.

Post Thanks / Like

^

If Elixir worked as directed, we’d all be talking about how great it is…

*crickets*

It is definitely one of those products that could be reformulated, if we’ve all had issues with it. It is my least used (detail) spray. I pull it out every few months, and while wiping it off, generally exclaim,

“…oh. This is why I don’t use it!”

I wonder if diluting Elixir with some distilled water might help with streaking? And my cars are pearl white, and Oxford white.

Post Thanks / Like

Works as directed for me. Still one of my favorite products to use.

It’s no different then many complaining about beadmaker. It’s all user preference.

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes glen e, Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast