autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Someone school me on Griot's BOSS system / creams

I have a bottle of Hyper Polish that I was going to use once the weather warms up. I used it with a PC7472 which really didn't do much because I used it on too low of a speed. The PC is old and I'd like to get a G9.

So that being said, I generally like to keep things in the same family. If I were to purchase a G9, then why not just stick to their system, right?

Mainly I'm wondering what the difference is between the Correcting Cream and the Perfecting Cream. Would the Perfecting Cream work for light swirling and defects, or would that not be aggressive enough? If I'm understanding their system correctly, the Perfecting Cream has a yellow label to indicate you should use their yellow pad. What about using the Perfecting Cream with their orange correcting pad for a little more bite?

The BOSS creams seem to have good reviews, just wondering how many of you guys prefer this product over other polishes, and why.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Someone school me on Griot's BOSS system / creams

I normally do this if the application calls for it.

FCC: fast correcting cream( heavy swirls/scrathes)
    CC: correcting cream..( medium imperfections)
    PC: perfecting cream...( used as the second step in a 2 step correction..or light imperfect

Heavy damage to paint use FCC and then finish with PC in a 2 step process if you want the best results.

PC on it's own is for someone with OCD(Like 90% of the people here) that want perfection when it's really not needed.....LOL

Most of the time, you will be able to achieve your polishing needs with just CC and the appropriate pad...

Orange CC with an Orange pad...gets some really great results in 75% of the jobs you will come across..

Get to know your pads better than your creams(colors/materials) based on whatever manufactures pad you are using

The whole thing about the BOSS system, they color code the polishes with their pads in the BOSS line.

This doesn't mean you can't change pad colors or creams in whatever result you are looking for.

Hope this helps a bit

4. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post

PC: perfecting cream...( used as the second step in a 2 step correction..or light imperfect

Heavy damage to paint use FCC and then finish with PC in a 2 step process if you want the best results.

PC on it's own is for someone with OCD(Like 90% of the people here) that want perfection when it's really not needed.....LOL

Most of the time, you will be able to achieve your polishing needs with just CC and the appropriate pad...

Orange CC with an Orange pad...gets some really great results in 75% of the jobs you will come across..

Get to know your pads better than your creams(colors/materials) based on whatever manufactures pad you are using

The whole thing about the BOSS system, they color code the polishes with their pads in the BOSS line.

This doesn't mean you can't change pad colors or creams in whatever result you are looking for.

Hope this helps a bit
    Yeah he nailed it lol.

Use your pads to dial in what you’re looking for, this is why test hits are so so important. Start with your least abrasive pad and go from there. I wouldn’t try to use PC on it’s own, it doesn’t have enough abrasive to be worth the time if you’re going after any imperfections.

6. Thanks Bosko, vaca22 thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If i was going to use the BOSS system, i bought their G15 kit with just the pads about 2.5 years ago. I would start with the CC and yellow pad. If i wasn't happy i would try the CC and orange pad and take it from there.

The black pad will not do much of any work. Its an application pad IMO i like lake country and rupes pad better then the BOSS pads. But they work just fine

Finally, I also used the correcting cream a few times, it was rather thin and runny. If i ever use it again i would quickly spread the product on the pad with my finger so its absorbed in the pad.

8. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

12. Thanks vaca22, Eldorado2k, Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't lock in polishes to pads. Over time I've found that using various combinations can get you different results based on the paint and it's condition.

I tend to use a medium polishing pad like a Rupes yellow or a Lake Country Flat/Thin Pro in white as my go to pads. I'll test out both the Griots PC or CC to see what it does. From there I'll adjust to maybe a more aggressive pad if needed.

I've found PC to have a fair amount of cut yet yields great gloss. CC polishes out really nicely as well in the one time I've used it so far. I think if I was limited to only one of those two, I'd go with CC and then adjust pads as needed for the bulk of my work on our family vehicles.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post

Hope this helps a bit
    ^^^This^^^

And the BOSS creams are an absolute joy to work with. Long working time, zero dusting, easy removal, and sun-friendly in most settings.

These Griot's BOSS creams are among the very best polishes in the industry. No one can argue that fact.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes Bosko liked this post