autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post
    Living in central TX, this is when detailing season starts for me.

The summer months are hot and miserable. I’m usually doing rindless washes in the garage at 6am to avoid the worst of the heat. Many summer mornings are 80+ degrees with humidity to match.

When late October hits, the mornings are cooler, the sun is lower in the sky and the mosquitoes are less savage.

Sorry for my northern detailing brothers and sisters but this is the good time for me.
    I'm in North Texas, so I'm right here with you. Be lucky to rinse a car off after 9am in the spring time and get it dry without water spots. The mornings right now are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Think it's about over here. Cut grass for last time Saturday. After i was going to do a wash. Of course a light rain started. Like a idiot, i am sitting in the garage, thinking it would stop. Called it and just went inside. About a hour later it stopped. Went back out and got it done. LOL. More rain today and calling for a much colder week. You can't fight the weather and expect to win...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

3. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is where Colorado is hanging out for the next few days and not uncommon. Only odd thing this year is no snow yet. This is the time of year Colorado can sell itself!

My PBMG/Sonax stuff finally showed today too (two week ordeal as my first box of supplies to get returned before delivery due to damage)...

The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning from deep in the heart of well not Texas. Would you believe the Rocky Mountains?

I live halfway between Silverthorne and Steamboat. (Silverthorne is the first exit as you come done from the Tunnels on I-70). Yes, it is pretty awesome living here. From where I am sitting, if it were light out that is, to the east, I can see the Gore Range. To the west I can see, well, my neighbors house. But, when I look out my back door, I can see the Never Summer wilderness area and parts of Rocky Mountain National Park. From my Driveway, I look to the south and I can see the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area and to the North, the Kremmling Bluffs. The other night, on our way home from a trip somewhere, there was a 12 point buck just munching some grass in front of the State Patrol station.

OK, enough bragging.

I have been reading this thread full of woe and sorrow and can't help but laugh.

I too love to take care of my vehicles. But just because the weather has changed doesn't stop me. You see, I have a heated garage. And a floor squeegee.

Also, there is a self-service carwash less than a half mile from my house. And I have insulated waterproof work gloves.

@Pro 4x was lamenting watching it rain from his garage because he wanted to wash his car. Did you know that rain water is some of the softest water around? Well, maybe not in Pennsylvania with all the smoke stacks. But still, you can do a quick 2 bucket wash, even with a foam cannon and then bring it INTO the garage to dry it.

And, if you are lucky like me, I have the houses Tankless water heater in my garage. I can turn down the temp to 100* to wash my car INSIDE the garage if it is really cold outside. And, then I can squeegee the water out or suck it up and put it down a drain.

But even more so, and I am somewhat even less serious here, what are first world problem that we are lucky enough to be complaining about.

Have a good wash day if you can everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Michigan and have no garage.....I wash my car with old Budweiser......carry on....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I live in Michigan and have no garage.....I wash my car with old Budweiser......carry on....

Ummm Bosko?

Just a point of clarification.

When you say old Budweiser. are you referring to post consumer use or cans that have been stored for a long time?

Curious minds want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktown View Post
    Ummm Bosko?

Just a point of clarification.

When you say old Budweiser. are you referring to post consumer use or cans that have been stored for a long time?

Curious minds want to know.
    Depends on the winter coating......used Budweiser better be a 7 year ceramic....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Too cold and impractical?? What kind of New Englander says that? I live in Southeastern Mass and my cars get the full treatment all year round. Get yourself some ice fishing gloves for the outdoor washes in the winter. I actually used them yesterday when I did a full two bucket wash. I also use the Worx Hydroshot with buckets filled with warm water during the winter months when the garden hose is frozen.
    Keeping that glistening shine on your vehicles all year round is possible. You just have to improvise and adapt.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

10. Likes D.BRITT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Too cold and impractical?? What kind of New Englander says that? I live in Southeastern Mass and my cars get the full treatment all year round. Get yourself some ice fishing gloves for the outdoor washes in the winter. I actually used them yesterday when I did a full two bucket wash.
    I picked up 2 pair - M and L so I can compare sizing. The Mediums were a little short in the fingers.

12. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the hydroshot that good?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast