autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1.1 vs 1.25 Orifice for Foam Cannon

Hi all

Just ordered the MJJC Pro foam cannon and wondering which orifice to use for my electric pressure washer. I have the big boi pressure washer with the below stats:

Motor: 1600W (Peak) Induction
    Maximum Pressure: True 2600PSI
    Max Flow Rate: 7LPM min

Does anyone own a similar specced PW and the MJJC and have any feedback. I contacted big boi and they said the stock orifice size in the cannon that comes with the PW is 1.15. Seems like an odd size.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1.1 vs 1.25 Orifice for Foam Cannon

3. Thanks rover137 thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Translated into GPM, the flow rate on your pressure washer is listed at 1.85 GPM......that being said, ratings on electric pressure washers are very often overstated. Swapping out the orifice in the cannon is simple. I swapped the 1.25 out of my PF22 for the 1.1, and noticed a very distinct difference in the consistency of the foam it produced. I'm betting that if you switch yours in the MJJC, you will too. For the record, I'm using a SunJoe SPX3000...rated at 1.76 gpm......which translates into about 1.5 gpm in the real world.

5. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think the rating for these electric pressure washers is somewhat overstated. I haven’t got the cannon yet, but when I get it I might try the 1.25 and see how that goes first. I was reading that a 1.1 on a more powerful PW can be bad for the pump. I think I’m probably on the line and could use either.

Post Thanks / Like

With my little 1.2GPM 2000PSI B&S pressure washer I tried both the 1.25 and 1.1 orifice on my foamer and noticed no difference at all Not sure why...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you buy a 1.1 and 1.25 and see the difference for yourself. A little difference in GPM or PSI could effect the out put of foam.

9. Likes chilly, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why don't you buy a 1.1 and 1.25 and see the difference for yourself. A little difference in GPM or PSI could effect the out put of foam.
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

No difference from a test spot

You won’t know until you try and even if someone here had the exact same setup the difference in water pressure or water chemistry could be a night and day difference

I ordered 1.1 with my cannon and even with the SUPPOSED high pressure and high flow that was advertised, I definitely benefited from using the smaller orifice

$7 is $7 but could make all the difference

YMMV

11. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    With my little 1.2GPM 2000PSI B&S pressure washer I tried both the 1.25 and 1.1 orifice on my foamer and noticed no difference at all Not sure why...
    That’s a shame! Did you use the same dilution ratio and soap each time? Maybe the difference is over rated …

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

No difference from a test spot

You won’t know until you try and even if someone here had the exact same setup the difference in water pressure or water chemistry could be a night and day difference

I ordered 1.1 with my cannon and even with the SUPPOSED high pressure and high flow that was advertised, I definitely benefited from using the smaller orifice

$7 is $7 but could make all the difference

YMMV

The cannon comes with both sized orifices so I will definitely be trying both. Thought I would just check and see if others had a view or preference.

I am almost certain my specs are wrong… by a lot. I think it is 2600 psi at the motor.. and not the nozzle, which would make a big difference.

What did you like more about the 1.1? I find sometimes when I use a rich dilution ratio and the foam is too thick, it is dry and clumps and falls off quickly giving a small dwell time.

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    That’s a shame! Did you use the same dilution ratio and soap each time? Maybe the difference is over rated …

I don't know. I used same ratio each time. I couldn't tell a difference, but it wasn't exactly a name brand foamer so many that is why (just a cheapie Amazon MMingle one (had decent reviews fwiw)?! Actually now that I look it came with a 1.5 supposedly (I ordered a couple 1.1 at the same time because I thought I might have an issue)...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

16. Likes rover137 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast