autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet steaming and extracting.

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I have both, used ozone for years, moved into more formalized commercial cleaning training as my wife and I have rental properties, etc. that I assist and sometimes maintain along side the property mgt company we use. I've since shelved my ozone machines and moved to ClO2. Again, even if all things were equal result wise, ClO2 is faster and safer.

Both are gases mind you; ozone is made of three oxygen atoms, chlorine dioxide is made of two oxygen atoms and a chlorine atom. The difference is seen comparing the oxidation strength & oxidation capacity. Cl02 is effective at lower concentrations and is far less reactive than ozone on surrounding materials such as fabrics and plastics. When left exposed too long, ozone causes surfaces and materials to deteriorate where that doesn't happen with ClO2. Chlorine only reacts with sulphuric substances, amines and some other reactive organic substances. It is also more effective when large amount of organic matter is present aka molds, etc.

Short story, less chlorine dioxide is required to obtain an active residual disinfectant affect and it targets smoke and odors at their source more effectively and in less time with near no risks to surrounding materials.

If you have Ozone, use it. If you're doing detailing for others, I would advise you look into ClO2 and go through some training on carpet extraction and interior commercial cleaning. The knowledge and skills you will learn are priceless.
    What would a dosage for a truck interior be? I recently bought a battery air pump/diffuser and (5) 20g Cl02 tablets. Would (1) 20g tablet be a starting point for slightly musty smell in my truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9999 View Post
    What would a dosage for a truck interior be? I recently bought a battery air pump/diffuser and (5) 20g Cl02 tablets. Would (1) 20g tablet be a starting point for slightly musty smell in my truck?
    With the picture TTQ B4U shared in the Ozone Generator post below, it looks like he uses 1 20g Reset tablets for 40 minutes with the air pump/vaporizer. And based on what TTQ B4U stated as well as the Reset website, 1 20g tablet should be enough for a car/truck/suv.
    Ozone Generator Experts

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have experience with Safrax Clo2 tablets? About 5x the product for the same price as Reset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    With the picture TTQ B4U shared in the Ozone Generator post below, it looks like he uses 1 20g Reset tablets for 40 minutes with the air pump/vaporizer. And based on what TTQ B4U stated as well as the Reset website, 1 20g tablet should be enough for a car/truck/suv.
    Ozone Generator Experts
    That is correct. 20 is enough for up to 100 sq ft.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Rocko9999 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    That is correct. 20 is enough for up to 100 sq ft.
    Ok, did 20g in 5oz of water with air pump for 24hours. Still pretty chlorine-ish smelling. I still smell the slight remnants of that darn odor bomb. Worth another 20g dose in your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I did my first chlorine dioxide treatment in my son’s (used) car and it initially had a pretty strong chemical smell but also cleaned the seats at the same time. He aired it out some the next day and is happy with the way it smells and more importantly looks (cleaned/extracted upholstery). A very happy son makes a very happy dad, especially when he did most of the work and I played instructor/supervisor.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I did my first chlorine dioxide treatment in my son’s (used) car and it initially had a pretty strong chemical smell but also cleaned the seats at the same time. He aired it out some the next day and is happy with the way it smells and more importantly looks (cleaned/extracted upholstery). A very happy son makes a very happy dad, especially when he did most of the work and I played instructor/supervisor.

Which chlorine dioxide did you use?
    Thx
    JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at various USB-based aquarium pumps/aerators but ended up going with the setup TTQ B4U uses, which can be purchased from Clean Serv Inc. And this includes the Reset chlorine dioxide 20g tablets (100g bag). I ordered some more Eneloop rechargeable batteries (AA) so I can run the air pump on rechargeable power (with D size adapters). I also ordered a USB fan (Arctic Breeze Mobile) off the Big A to get some air flow within the vehicle.

10. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you clean anything with the CL02 liquid? I see Reset brand recommends that you spray a liquid mixture in combo with the vapor treatment for more effectiveness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9999 View Post
    Did you clean anything with the CL02 liquid? I see Reset brand recommends that you spray a liquid mixture in combo with the vapor treatment for more effectiveness.
    We cleaned the interior with an enzyme cleaner, spot treatments, and upholstery cleaner before extracting seats, armrest, door card, and rear hatch carpet. Then I sprayed P&S Finisher (contains peroxide) but that was all a part of cleaning the interior. I only used the chlorine dioxide as a vapor, I didn't do any spraying of the chlorine dioxide in liquid form.

13. Likes Rocko9999 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12