autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Car Wax -Is It Me or the Wax?

Ok, I have a bottle of OCW on the way

I looked at what I have left and I think I have enough to do a side by side with the TW Wet Wax

And

I think there’s enough to also do a side by side with the new bottle of OCW

hopefully it’s just new packaging and color added to make it more visually appealing

I’ll do one side by side on the hood and one on the roof

I’m going to wait until I get the new bottle and I’ll do a strip wash and see what happens

Stand by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes CleanIT, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I tried Optimum Car Wax for the first time recently. I was looking forward to it, as I heard it has special UV protectants, and I also love many of Optimum's products. However, my experience with this particular wax was not that great. As I was wiping it off, it seemed kind of grabby and was not slick or smooth under the towel. I did not notice a pop in the gloss as I have with other products. But most concerning was when I did a rinseless wash maybe a week or 10 days after application, the rinseless wash solution seemed to hold onto the paint and left some water marks. I really had to rub the paint to get rid of the water marks. BTW, the paint was cool and in the shade, so it was not due to heat or the wash solution flashing too quickly.

Before I draw negative conclusions about this wax, it is possible that I contributed to the negative experience. I did not polish the paint before applying it, so it is possible that some of my previous protection was still on the paint and therefore affecting the wax. Also, while I took steps to make sure I did not under or over apply the wax, that is still a possibility.

What has been your experience with Optimum Spray Wax? Is my experience typical or unusual?

Thanks in advance,
    joebruin77
    I don't know about "special UV protectants", but it does have UV inhibitors in the formula. Polishing is not a huge prereq but claying probably is .... given your experience. The baggie test results would be helpful even with a layer of OCW on the paint. And as far as potentially layering too much OCW on the paint that is entirely possible.... if you see a lot of it on the paint when applying... it's TOO MUCH product. And water marks being left after a rinseless wash doesn't make much sense. But that is the least of the problems you have right now I surmise.

4. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Well, they have never seen fit to ship stuffs to Alaska or Hawaii by USPS Flat Rate

They will only ship 2 day air and it's PRICEY

I tried the other day after you suggested their Correcting products and $67 worth of stuff would be $50 to ship

I know I can buy it at AG and Amazon these days but I have kind of held a grudge for years over their shipping policies

Adams is the same way, free shipping over $100 in the CONTINENTAL US ONLY

I just put a $39.99 gallon of soap in a cart and checked shipping, Fed Ex 2 day for $46.77

Hard pass

There are a whole lot of other companies that simply don't care about shipping to the places I live so I simply don't care to do business with them

Sorry, climbing down off my soap box now...

So, I'm curious if you don't mind taking a minute. How does Amazon work there? Do they have distribution warehouses? Do you get your own special web page with inflated costs?

What about private sellers. Are there any individuals that bring in shipments of product and set up their own little internet company (like out of their garage or something)?

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    So, I'm curious if you don't mind taking a minute. How does Amazon work there? Do they have distribution warehouses? Do you get your own special web page with inflated costs?

What about private sellers. Are there any individuals that bring in shipments of product and set up their own little internet company (like out of their garage or something)?
    Amazon is the same as anywhere else, just takes a few days longer. Same costs, free Prime shipping, etc

I believe they have a warehouse/distribution center in Honolulu but I honestly can’t remember anything ever being shipped direct from there

More often it’s just a waypoint in the orders journey from America

On my island there aren’t any local internet companies and the only detailing supplies available are OTC items from the car parts store

There are less than 7,000 people on the island, not even a stop light

Internet ordering is crucial for anything other than basics

Post Thanks / Like

There are less than 7,000 people on the island, not even a stop light

Internet ordering is crucial for anything other than basics
    I’d feel bad for you but I’ve seen your view. I kid.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a trade off

lol

11. Likes dgage, SNP209, CleanIT, joebruin77, dlc95 and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know one of OPTs claims to fame has always been the synergy between their products, although I have never seen their stuff not play well with others

It is certainly possible that the Griot's is fighting it

It would be interesting to see if you could apply a Griot's product equivalent to OCW over their 3 in 1 and see what happened

I have zero experience with Griot's products
    The only product I personally witnessed benefit from the synergy was Opti-Seal.

I tried it every which way to Sunday over Megs, Menz, Rupes, and 3D polishes - even tried a treatment of Optimum Paint Prep, and never got what a prep with Hyper Polish gave it.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The only product I personally witnessed benefit from the synergy was Opti-Seal.

I tried it every which way to Sunday over Megs, Menz, Rupes, and 3D polishes - even tried a treatment of Optimum Paint Prep, and never got what a prep with Hyper Polish gave it.
    Match made in heaven?

Post Thanks / Like

Match made in heaven?
    Or hell!

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Or hell!
    Bwahahahahahahaha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast