autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon soap

Can we get the same amount of foam out of a traditional car soap when using a cannon. Or do the cannon soaps produce more bubbles ?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon soap

Your pressure washer and foam cannon/orifice size will make the biggest difference in foam not necessarily the soap.

If you have a entry level weak pressure washer you might want to get a 1.1mm orifice. Most foam cannons come with a 1.25mm orifice.

I have the active VE52 equivalent in canada and i use a 1.1mm orifice it throws out foam very well.

That said i think pre-wash PH neutral foams are very overrated and even alkaline ones i just think is a waste of product, i rather use a pump sprayer pre-wash. Its fun to use however for the first few times lol But i think its mostly, "all show and no go".

The only use i have anymore for my foam cannon is spraying my contact wash soap all over the car before grabbing my wash mitt. But that has to be in an overcast day.

Do you have a machine polisher? If not, save your money for one of them instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a polisher. I just use a end of the hose garden fertilizer sprayer. With soap to add lubrication to the paint. My power washer with my soap cannon creates more soap but is a hassle to get out and put away. I’m just out of cannon soap and wondered if tradional soap creates as much suds.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luket View Post
    Yes I have a polisher. I just use a end of the hose garden fertilizer sprayer. With soap to add lubrication to the paint. My power washer with my soap cannon creates more soap but is a hassle to get out and put away. I’m just out of cannon soap and wondered if tradional soap creates as much suds.
    You might want to look into a foaming pump sprayer. The marolex AXEL seems to get the overall best reviews. Or its baby cousins.

I thought about buying one many times but i'm into rinseless/pre-treat washes now. Foam looks pretty and probably does help in marring. And i do think if i had an AXEL i would be super happy lol Portable and convenient. Its on my short list for sure but i've spent a lot of money on detailing equipment and products the last 3 years.

If i buy another relatively expensive item it would be the marolex or a cordless polisher. No more $100+ coatings for this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the right cannon and orifice size pretty much any soap will work but it’s a lot of soap per wash. I almost never use my cannon anymore, got tired of wasting 3oz of soap every wash.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    You might want to look into a foaming pump sprayer. The marolex AXEL seems to get the overall best reviews. Or its baby cousins.

I thought about buying one many times but i'm into rinseless/pre-treat washes now. Foam looks pretty and probably does help in marring. And i do think if i had an AXEL i would be super happy lol Portable and convenient. Its on my short list for sure but i've spent a lot of money on detailing equipment and products the last 3 years.

If i buy another relatively expensive item it would be the marolex or a cordless polisher. No more $100+ coatings for this guy.
    If your talking about the axel 2000 or 3000 i’m pretty disappointed in mine. It was awesome at first and definitely the best built but it has clogged up using only Ammo Frothe (foaming waterless) wash with it.

Didn’t have this problem with the IK although it was junk and The Rag Company told me to F off (really nicely) when i asked of warranty.

I like the Foam it one best. It’s the one Ammo sells but you can get it from other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luket View Post
    Can we get the same amount of foam out of a traditional car soap when using a cannon. Or do the cannon soaps produce more bubbles ?
    Yes in a foam cannon regular soap will foam up. Maybe not as well as a dedicated soap but it will suffice

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If your talking about the axel 2000 or 3000 i’m pretty disappointed in mine. It was awesome at first and definitely the best built but it has clogged up using only Ammo Frothe (foaming waterless) wash with it.

Didn’t have this problem with the IK although it was junk and The Rag Company told me to F off (really nicely) when i asked of warranty.

I like the Foam it one best. It’s the one Ammo sells but you can get it from other places.

Thanks for the heads up.