autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opti-Clean

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Clean

I tried Opti-Clean this weekend after it rained overnight. I wanted to see how a waterless wash would work on an already wet surface from rain. I applied it liberally one section at a time. Cleans very well. Can streak a bit but overall it worked as advertised.

I'm really like ONR diluted 256:1 for windows. Works extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opti-Clean

The streaking I've had when using Optimum products was because I used too much of the Optimum product or there was another product on the vehicle (I've had bad experiences applying Optimum products without removing other companies products first.).

They do have a really good line of products once you get the application down.

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    The streaking I've had when using Optimum products was because I used too much of the Optimum product or there was another product on the vehicle (I've had bad experiences applying Optimum products without removing other companies products first.).

They do have a really good line of products once you get the application down.
    That's exactly what I'm finding. It was a bit grabby and I was not expecting that. It says spray liberally, however I may have used too much. I know OPT emphasizes less is more with their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed it. I ended up tossing it in the trash lol. Was too streaky and there are definitely better products over it. It does work well for interiors.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. I ended up tossing it in the trash lol. Was too streaky and there are definitely better products over it. It does work well for interiors.
    lol it was more streaky then I preferred but I made it work. Downside is I'm touching the paint more as a result of the streaks. The Meguiars D114 has been discontinued and that apparently was a great waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked Opti-Clean. I thought it worked as advertised. My only gripe about it is the color. I bought the concentrate and, because the Opti-Clean solution is white, it was harder for me to see the fill line. My favorite waterless wash is Meguiars D115. It cleans without streaking, leaves the surface feeling smooth, smells amazing, and is a nice blue color so I can see the fill line.

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried D115. I didn't know it also lays down a bit of wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I've never tried D115. I didn't know it also lays down a bit of wax.
    You won't be disappointed. The only drawback to D115 is the price per gallon. But it is a concentrate and you can apply one of the frequent AG coupons. I tried a couple waterless washes that were a little cheaper per wash, but found myself wanting to come back to D115.

13. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just stepped out and tried it again, using very little of the product. It worked a lot better. I think a thin even layer is best with this product. Less is certainly more with this one. I'm still getting used to the grabby nature of some of their products.

I overlooked D115 prior to purchasing ONR/Opti-Clean. I'm curious now lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Just stepped out and tried it again, using very little of the product. It worked a lot better. I think a thin even layer is best with this product. Less is certainly more with this one. I'm still getting used to the grabby nature of some of their products.

I overlooked D115 prior to purchasing ONR/Opti-Clean. I'm curious now lol.
    Seems unusual to have a waterless wash you can't use too much of. That's not a knock against your use of it, just not a feature I'd want if I was reaching for a product for cleaning up light dirt - if I do waterless I like to use it heavy to try and make it as safe as possible.

McKee's N914 is one of the frequently referenced substitutes for D114, plays the same game of cleaning well while leaving nothing behind.

Side note - It's been interesting that while Optimum was frequently talked about when I joined here, they hadn't been brought up a lot for a while. Seems like I've been seeing more posts about their stuff lately. Also noticed a lot of supporters on Reddit when I glanced on the detail section there out of curiosity. I've got some of their stuff (since it was flavor of the week back then, I had to try it... ), but after using them and others I have found other products that became my go to instead.

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast