autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jescar & Collinite

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDare View Post
    I was thinking Ultra Lock+ and Jescar Ceramic Spray Wax too, but it looks like the Spray Wax is "synthetic wax."

Depends what you're looking for, but I wanted a warmer, carnauba-like look. And figured a synthetic wax probably wasn't going to provide that.

Ended up going back to Collinite 845 over the two layers of Ultra Lock+. Now that looks outstanding. Better than I recall the PowerLock+ and Collinite 845 looking.

The only time I can remember the car looking better was with a premium paste wax over PowerLock+, but then the wax layer is gone very quickly. Based on past experience, I expect the Collinite will last many months.
    Best shine I have ever achieved was Collinite 476 topped with 845. Which is my current shine.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to report back on the Ultra Lock +.

The results were absolutely stunning. The gloss and slickness were something to behold. I'm curious to see how it holds up when it comes in for a maintenance wash.

The application required me more effort than I'm used to with Opti-Seal. But it felt like a very robust, durable product of very high quality was being worked into the paint. I used a yellow Meguiar's applicator. Next time I'll try a red B&S on the ol PC.

The wipe off was ridiculous. Once you break through the film, and start buffing the surface it's like wiping dust off polished wood that's been hit with Pledge! I used a new yellow Kirkland. It clogged them up after a while. It took a few panels, but when it was done, it was done, and I had to fold.

I like this product so much that I might keep it on the shelf. Opti-Seal is my current top sealant choice, then Duragloss 111. It might oust 111.

It did two coats three hours apart. Before he came to pick it up I did a wipedown with Jescar Ceramic Spray Wax. The depth, gloss, and slickness was so satisfying to look at. It was a blue Audi S5. I have to say that as a whole I love Jescar. I'm bringing the polishes back into the fold too.

So, if you're a fan of traditional liquid sealants this one definitely checks a lot of boxes. While I did not yet see the water behavior, bit what I've seen on youtube looks beautiful.

The car was given a one step polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, on green B&S pads with a Porter Cable 7424xp. Jescar Ceramic Wax on the glass, wheels, and body for final wipe, Optimum Opti-Bond on the tires

3. Thanks opie, CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, PouncingPanzer, CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Survived the Ohio winter with minimal care and salt sitting on it 24/7. It survived and performed from Mid-October through March and it appeared to still be present in April during the decon wash.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Likes Bosko, CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

dlc95, totally agree about the UltraLock+. Jescar hit it out of the park with that one.

A week out, I'm getting all kinds of compliments on the 2x Ultralock+ and 1x Collinite 845 on my 911. The finish is like a mirror and has just the right amount of depth and glow. Not shouty at all, if you know what I mean, but just really beautiful.

What was your experience with the Jescar Ceramic Spray Wax? Did it change the look of the Ultralock+ or just add another layer of protection?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123