autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly Gloss

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's well established that I like Griot's Garage and surface prep is awesome but can I throw a monkey wrench into thr mix...Gyeon Restart, product of thr year from them (well, maybe Gyeon Wax tooGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly Gloss)
    I'll have to look into Restart. I'll cheat and ask before looking up what it is - What do you use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    oneheadlite, thank for the feedback. Good to know. Griot's has a quality line for sure.

The Foaming Surface Prep looks potent. Do you dilute it for wheels?

I could use the 3 in 1 as a base, then going forward use the Foaming Surface Wash and Poly Gloss as maintenance. I'm using HCD now and it's great, but I don't think it will hold up through a winter.

Poly Gloss is interesting because it covers the entire vehicle. Kind of like a better version of Wet Coat/Hydro.

I'm considering this system.
    Definitely diluted. For now just at whatever they recommend for a spray bottle dilution (don't have it in front of me at the moment), but once I get a good LSP i'm happy with on my wheels I'd cut it down even further. Right now unfortunately both sets of wheels for both cars are due for a proper reset (full decon, polish, LSP), so I've been going a little stronger on the wheel cleaning than I would if they were up to snuff.

Can't think of a time I'd use Surface Prep straight.

I'll always add the disclaimer I'm not nearly as scientific as our treasured members on here (you know who are. ), but I ran the 3in1 through the winter on my car. The sides picked up contaminants and needed a solid Decontamination, but you could still see the 3in1 behavior on the flat panels in the spring. After all that, with how easy it is to apply, I just re-upped instead of trying to figure out if it was still going.

Poly Gloss is really nice. Maybe not as durable as some of the SIO2 reinforced stuff, but I'll happily trade that for ease of use.

Funny timing on this thread - both cars are due for a wash, and I was planning on breaking out the pressure washer and blowing the dust off the ol BOSS Cannon/Liquids.

2. Likes CleanIT, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3 in 1 is extremely durable. Definitely the most durable OTC spray I can think of rivaling even the boutique brands. The peak hydrophobic beading isn't as impressive as some other products, but it lasts and sheets very well.

3 in 1 + Surface Wash would be a nice combination.

Liquid Poly Wax + Liquid Foaming Poly Gloss would also be a good combination.

From what Griot's has stated, they prefer 3 in 1 to be left alone and if you need to top it, use 3 in 1 or the CSS. I don't think the other chemistry plays as well with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Definitely diluted. For now just at whatever they recommend for a spray bottle dilution (don't have it in front of me at the moment), but once I get a good LSP i'm happy with on my wheels I'd cut it down even further. Right now unfortunately both sets of wheels for both cars are due for a proper reset (full decon, polish, LSP), so I've been going a little stronger on the wheel cleaning than I would if they were up to snuff.
    What were you thinking LSP wise? I'm probably going the coating route for mine (CarPro Dlux). Doesn't seem worth the effort otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Restart is a special snow foam that breaks down grit on the paint and brings back hydrophobic properties. I'm sure it can be used in a bucket but you'd use qlot of product that way.

I'm VERY impressed with Gyeon RestartGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly Gloss

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian from Apex said most if not all these pre-wash foams really only remove a bit of grit, which I guess is all you need before doing a contact wash. I think many have higher expectations for these pre wash foams.

I'm curious if a good soap like Hyper Wash would clean as well as the Griot's Surface Foam.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it is worth I have never had a contact wash bring back the beading like Restart does or Foaming Surface Wash for that matterGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly Gloss

9. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What ever we have in the dust in WA (30min away from Griots HQ) Surface Wash doesn’t faze. Always need to agitate or rinseless afterwards.

It is one of the better PH neutral snow foams out there. Haven’t tried poly gloss because I’m not a huge fan of spray and rinse products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Coatings, that's kind of what I was wondering. Brian from Apex said the same in that they really on remove minor dirt/dust. Good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread inspired me to use all 3 products back to back to back on Thursday. The ES was days dusty and I must say it was quite an experienceGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly GlossGriot's Foaming Surface Wash + Poly Gloss

14. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the same combo and in between the surface prep and poly gloss I use the foaming surface wash (stuff smells great) this winter I have started using the griots rinsless product and finally I just put 2 coats of the 3-1 on my 2019 pacific pewter
    Honda Odessey (it's like a metallic root beer color) and like a previous poster I too have tried many new products that i have heard about on the forum......I also keep coming back to the griots line of car care products...Been a client since the early 2000's I will always keep an open mind to new stuff, having said that....my griots stuff will always be close by

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12