autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing hack saves the day

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Coca Cola is incredible stuff. It's also quite nasty to your body. But people injest it by the millions every day. If it can do that to wheels, imagine what it can do to *you*.

I'm glad I quit soda in general years ago. My teeth and the rest of my body thank me for it.
    Every used a citric cleaner? Think about what fruit does to you. Truth is, your body can _easily_ handle both. On a scale of 0-7, battery acid is at 0 and stomach acid is at 1. The caustic part of Coca Cola is not going to hurt you in any way.

BTW - Coca cola on the ph scale is at 2.7, right next to fruit juice's.

In this instance, the OP could have used a citrus cleaner with the same results. In both cases an "acid" (on the ph scale) would have been used.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice turn around. Hopefully, they don't change the formula and come out with a "New Coke". I hope I didn't age myself too badly there.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone from Coke sees this, they will slap a new label on a 32oz bottle and charge $24.99 for it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well color me impressed...and surprised! What a difference!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post

Did the 00 steel wool leave any scratches? I would have gone for 0000. And even 0000 is something I'll typically stay away from on chrome. I have had too many bad experiences with steel wool and chrome.
    Nope no scratches.
    I picked up some 0000 steel wool as well, but as is the case 9/10 the 00 did a much better job.

Fun fact: I went through 3 sprayers in a matter of minutes. 1st sprayer that came with that bottle from the dollar store burst into a half dozen pieces within the 1st 10 sprays. I guess it wasn’t built for the vigorous use involved with spraying wheel cleaner. Lol.

The 2nd sprayer I believe came from a bottle of LATA, also from the dollar store. The sprayer was new, but the trigger quickly lost its ability to spring back after pumping it, so I quickly became frustrated with that and finally stole a Tolco Chemical Resistant Sprayer from another bottle and finally a proper sprayer.

Thanks to everyone that replied.Detailing hack saves the day

I drink Pepsi. Only time I need Coke Cola is when I mix with cognac Detailing hack saves the dayor clean some really dirty wheels. Lol.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Nope no scratches.
    I picked up some 0000 steel wool as well, but as is the case 9/10 the 00 did a much better job.

Fun fact: I went through 3 sprayers in a matter of minutes. 1st sprayer that came with that bottle from the dollar store burst into a half dozen pieces within the 1st 10 sprays. I guess it wasn’t built for the vigorous use involved with spraying wheel cleaner. Lol.

The 2nd sprayer I believe came from a bottle of LATA, also from the dollar store. The sprayer was new, but the trigger quickly lost its ability to spring back after pumping it, so I quickly became frustrated with that and finally stole a Tolco Chemical Resistant Sprayer from another bottle and finally a proper sprayer.

Thanks to everyone that replied.Detailing hack saves the day

I drink Pepsi. Only time I need Coke Cola is when I mix with cognac Detailing hack saves the dayor clean some really dirty wheels. Lol.
    Wonder if Pepsi woulda did the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Nice turn around! And quick thinkin macgyver

Yep drinkin a whiskey/bourbon is the only time i drink pop.....yes i said pop lol. Soda sounds weird to me

10. Likes Hhjester liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great save Ric!

I'm a Coca-Cola guy all the way and it's not even close! I hate when people say Coke and Pepsi are the sameDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the day When I go to a restaurant and ask "Coke or Pepsi" and they say "Pepsi" I say iced tea with lemon immediately. I had 1 waitress say "yeah, I'm a Coke person too!". Like with politics I think it's ironic that you've got RED and BLUE states, just like Coke and Pepsi and think they fall inline there tooDetailing hack saves the day

All that said, I do like RC and Nurse Salt tooDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Great save Ric!

I'm a Coca-Cola guy all the way and it's not even close! I hate when people say Coke and Pepsi are the sameDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the day When I go to a restaurant and ask "Coke or Pepsi" and they say "Pepsi" I say iced tea with lemon immediately. I had 1 waitress say "yeah, I'm a Coke person too!". Like with politics I think it's ironic that you've got RED and BLUE states, just like Coke and Pepsi and think they fall inline there tooDetailing hack saves the day

All that said, I do like RC and Nurse Salt tooDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the day

Back when I drank the stuff Coke was so far beyond Pepsi. Now RC Cola, that's good stuff. Faygo Cola was also pretty good. But I can't go back to any of it. I had limited myself to 1 can per day (at lunch usually) for 2 years. But mandatory OT during the pandemic combined with poor sleep led me to drinking far more. It's still hard to pass a McDonalds, all I would get is a coke from there but they are serious about the recipe and temperature controls. That was my favorite.

Back to detailing, let us know what the customer thinks. I'd also like to see the full vehicle.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

The Coke mix at McDonald's and the Castle is PERFECT! Hey I'm old enough to remember the Pepsi challenge and when New Coke debutedDetailing hack saves the dayNew Coke was 1985 and was the biggest disaster EVER...then Sammy replaced DLR shortly after that, waaaaay too much change in a short period of timeDetailing hack saves the dayDetailing hack saves the day

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast