autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon soap

Do foam cannons Soap. Produce a richer more thick soapy spray. Or will reg car soap worK

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon soap

In my short time owning a cannon(about a year) I have found that some soaps that make zero claims of producing high foam/suds out of a cannon do, and others that claim they're designed for it do it less. I think water quality makes the most difference. Soft water makes better foam and more suds, fact. The softer the water, the better the foam. Not sure how much water pressure matters but I have noticed I get better foam around the 2000psi mark than I do the 3000psi mark.

I recently gave Sonax Actifoam Energy a try(you have to commit to an entire liter unfortunately) and it works ok. More of a slimy suds that take awhile to run off the panel. Super slick and very good lubricity however, which I want more than physical foam. I did notice as the breeze picked up it started to dry on me. But even after the residue dried it rinsed spot free. If you want a nice inch+ thick layer of foam it isn't the soap for you. It works wonderful as a bucket wash soap at the recommended dilution. Bucket was overflowing with suds like mad! Also, it smells like Fourloko and keeps giving me horrible flashbacks from my younger years haha.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

3. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In my foam gun, a dedicated foam soap will work better than a non one. But any soap will work. You can always add BF Foam booster to any soap to dial in your preference.

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, foaming booster shampoo
    2018 Colorado ZR2

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Long as you have decent pressure and most importantly high GPM’s from your pressure washer most soaps foam well.

Most dedicated soaps I have found foam better but doesn’t mean it works the best.

My favorites are Griots surface wash and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and neither are gonna win a imstagram challenge.

There more runny but work excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Long as you have decent pressure and most importantly high GPM’s from your pressure washer most soaps foam well.

Most dedicated soaps I have found foam better but doesn’t mean it works the best.

My favorites are Griots surface wash and Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and neither are gonna win a imstagram challenge.

There more runny but work excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan to get the BH auto foam when the actifoam energy is gone. I don't mind the slimy ones, they feel better under the wash mitt usually.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luket View Post
    Do foam cannons Soap. Produce a richer more thick soapy spray. Or will reg car soap worK
    Foam cannons can have good results with a quality Shampoo like Gtechniq G Wash or CarPro Reset. That being said, a dedicated prewash like Gtechniq W4 will provide better performance in a foam cannon. If you are using an electric pressure washer a 1.1mm orifice makes a difference as well for your cannon.