autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How often do you shampoo your carpets wet vac?

I have one of those small Bissell carpet extractors and I've done it used it once when I got the car and removed all the seats. This time I'm doing my whole interior for the post winter cleanup, I doubt shampoo is something people do regularly but I was curious if yes and how often you do it? Is it more for those really dirty detail jobs professionals encounter?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often do you shampoo your carpets wet vac?

I always use a bit of shampoo in the warm water tank, as it certainly gives better results than water only (if that is what you asked).

I'm always surprised how the dirty water is dirty from the seats that do not look that dirty beforehand.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

3. Thanks MidnightNarwhal thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How often do you shampoo your carpets wet vac?

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    I always use a bit of shampoo in the warm water tank, as it certainly gives better results than water only (if that is what you asked).

I'm always surprised how the dirty water is dirty from the seats that do not look that dirty beforehand.
    He’s talking about on your own car.

Personally my car only needs it maybe once every 6 months and that’s mainly just the drivers seat area. The rest of my car maybe, maybe once per year just to get things back to near perfect. I’m actually about to extract my drivers seat matt & possibly the carpet underneath tomorrow [I almost did it today] along with a set of spare Cadillac matts I might sell to a customer who owns the same kind of Cadillac as mine.

I also make sure to hit my carpets & matts with ScotchGard after I extract them. It helps keep it cleaner longer.

5. Likes MidnightNarwhal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only ever done it on one of our vehicles. And it was our previous "work car". It had cloth seats and wanted to see how dirty they actually were. Suprised as well how much was extracted from them.

None of our other vehicles are ever dirty enought to need anything other than a quick vac.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes MidnightNarwhal, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think I'll skip it this year. My car's interior is all black to I'm sure that helps alot.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine clean enough that they NEVER need shampooing!

With my last two new vehicles one of the first things I did was head to the bath department at Target/Walmart/Bed Bath and Beyond to buy some color matching towels and bath mats to protect the carpeting, floor mats, armrests, seats, etc.

10. Likes opie, MidnightNarwhal, Brrr, kb2ehj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Honestly I just realised shampoo and extracting are 2 different things. I'll probably still do a shampoo (apply product, brush) and then go over with a damp towel and then blot and let air dry instead of doing the extractor. Using a Bisell spotclean it just takes so much time but I assume it cleans better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightNarwhal View Post
    Thanks guys. Honestly I just realised shampoo and extracting are 2 different things. I'll probably still do a shampoo (apply product, brush) and then go over with a damp towel and then blot and let air dry instead of doing the extractor. Using a Bisell spotclean it just takes so much time but I assume it cleans better.
    I consider shampoo & extract the same thing.
    Shampoo is how I describe it to customers, extract is what I’m really doing.

IMO Doing things with a towel like you describe is more work and also messier + nobody likes having to deal with those nasty dirty towels afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I keep mine clean enough that they NEVER need shampooing!

With my last two new vehicles one of the first things I did was head to the bath department at Target/Walmart/Bed Bath and Beyond to buy some color matching towels and bath mats to protect the carpeting, floor mats, armrests, seats, etc.
    My brother in law said he was working on an old man’s car one day and he had unbolted the seats, laid down bed sheets that matched the carpet and bolted the seats in over them. Then he had the sheets rigged up to the console so nothing would fall between the seats and console. I forgot about that. Probably need to do that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I consider shampoo & extract the same thing.
    Shampoo is how I describe it to customers, extract is what I’m really doing.

IMO Doing things with a towel like you describe is more work and also messier + nobody likes having to deal with those nasty dirty towels afterwards.
    Ahh okok. Using my Bissell with hot water is just so slow that's why. That said I can just wake up early in the morning and go at it, only doing it for me so doesn't matter how long it takes. Doing it yearly at my spring clean seems like a good idea then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast