Hey all,

Decided to polish my muscle car and I ended up inducing more scratches while polishing. What the heck?!?! Car was cleaned, and clayed. Used the Supa Beast with a yellow Rupes polishing pad and Pinnacle polish.

It shined the test spot and took out some of the swirls and scratches, but ultimately swirls and light scratches still remained. Next test, stepped up to the orange lake county force hybrid orange pad and pinnacle compound and I put more scratches into the test spot. Puzzled, I grabbed another fresh orange lake country pad with the pinnacle compound and still the same result.

Stepped back down to the yellow Rupes polishing pad and pinnacle polish and it reduced the scratches that I had just induced. Frustrated, I stopped completely. What the heck am I doing wrong? Is it the forced action of the Supa Beast along with the compound that is inducing searches? My neighbor has a Maxshine Pro 21 mm da so I’m going to borrow it next time just to see if there’s a difference.

Just really disappointed right now as I pad a lot of $$$ for my new Supa Beast. I’m sure it user error somehow so any feedback is helpful. (Also of note, I was using new microfiber towels between passes for the wipe down.)

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app