Brand new car. Going to just protect the front of the hood, tips of the front fenders and mirrors. I don't keep my cars more than 4 years 50K miles and my last one the bumper looked good and it's a royal PITA to do a bumper and not going to fork out $1K to an install shop. I've done this once before but like 20 years ago. Using 3M Scotchguard Pro Film. Precut. Watched the 3M install videos. A few questions on my mind:

- Since it's precut and shouldn't require much stretching at all, should I just use soap/water slip solution, all-in-one water+soap+alcohol solution, or dual solutions. They guy I bought the kid from said he just uses soap and water. Seems like tack solution is really only necessary when doing like a bumper with all the crevices where you really need to anchor things down?

- The kit is an edge kit meaning it stops at the edge. I could shift the placement 1/4" or so over the edge of the hood and stretch the sides to wrap around the edge. This is just a Mazda CX-5, not a Ferrari. Wondering if trying to wrap around the edges is just inviting more complication. Not sure if I'd have to slightly trim the triangular fender pieces so the back edge of the film will line up with the hood or if I can just wrap the front edge. I suspect it may need slight trimming but not sure. If I do decide to wrap around edges it seems using a separate tack solution when wrapping around the edge is probably wise or would the all-in-on work fine?