autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq T1 sling

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Gtechniq T1 tire dressing for a few years now. The first year of using this product I absolutely loved it. It's shine would last easily a month for me, but ever since swapping two of my cars to Micheline PS4S tires T1 has had a very bad sling problem. I use Tuff & Shine tire cleaner, my tires appear to be clean but I always provide a very in depth scrubbing prior to applying T1. I have tried applying less T1, letting the product dwell for days (one time was over a full week) and without fail the first time I drive it there is sling. The only way I have not been able to get it to sling is when I set the tires (sacrificial buffing towel to wipe any unabsorbed product). My problem in setting the tires is that I basically end up taking off all my tire shine. It just seems like the tires don't want to take in the tire dressing. This issue is non existent on something like Gtechniq T2, which I have swapped to for the most part. Any ideas on how to get T1 to not sling? Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have a good recommendation on a long term tire dressing that works on the Michelin PS4S?

Thanks in advance and TGIF!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq T1 sling

I don't have a sling problem, but using Tuf Shine on my PS4S just looked uneven. Had no problems with Bridgestones. Cleaned with Tuf Shine cleaner 4 times when new and still browning. Switched over to a water based dressing (Perl), but still a little browning.

Had Michelin PS4S before and had no problems with Tuf Shine. I guess tires are like paint, not all are created equal.

Post Thanks / Like

Guessing the chemistry of the compound of the tires interacts (or fails to) with the T1 differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I don't have a sling problem, but using Tuf Shine on my PS4S just looked uneven. Had no problems with Bridgestones. Cleaned with Tuf Shine cleaner 4 times when new and still browning. Switched over to a water based dressing (Perl), but still a little browning.

Had Michelin PS4S before and had no problems with Tuf Shine. I guess tires are like paint, not all are created equal.
    Yea it is seeming that way. My tire cleaner works, but the tire dressing just doesn't want to set into the tire at all. My guess is that a slight change in compound that may not impact driving/performance is interacting weirdly with dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Guessing the chemistry of the compound of the tires interacts (or fails to) with the T1 differently.
    Unfortunately that is what I am thinking. It just doesn't seem like the dressing is soaked into the tire at all and just stays loose on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a different dressing