autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IGL Premier as a stand alone

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.
    Would you put it in the same class as CanCoat and Cquartz Lite? If so, it's actually substantially cheaper per oz. than both of those.

I easily got 12 months from CanCoat and I've heard Lite is similar despite claims of shorter life from both manufacturers.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Would you put it in the same class as CanCoat and Cquartz Lite? If so, it's actually substantially cheaper per oz. than both of those.

I easily got 12 months from CanCoat and I've heard Lite is similar despite claims of shorter life from both manufacturers.
    Somebody else will have to chime in on that as I've never used CanCoat or Lite.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I would say no, I would put it in the same class as some of the other spray style products like Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating, and Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. CanCoat and CQuartz Lite definitely deserve that separate class of light/baby coatings, they still blow away any spray and wipe protectant I've used by a long shot, but are certainly outclassed by full coatings like CQUK 3.0 without maintenance.

IGL Premier was outclassed by Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating in my side by side test, both of these were the first versions. Eventually I would like to take another shot with Premier as I have seen better results from others that have tested it. The beading and sheeting is nuts when it's fresh.

4. Thanks oneheadlite, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'd buy the small bottle and make sure i use most of it knowing the expiration date. If it can be layered, I'd double up or use it as a drying aid. Either way I'd make sure I try and use it.

Thing is, Can Coat is a better option in this price range IMO. And easy to use.
    CanCoat and Premier are in two totally different levels as far as ease of use. IGL is as easy as a traditional spray sealant like Megs UQW or Aquawax.

Cancoat is easy ‘for a coating’ but you have to follow the process in small areas at a time and buff thoroughly or you’re going to have a legit high spot to polish out.

6. Thanks CleanIT, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I wasn't so impressed with Megs HCD I'd likely try the IGL Premier. IGL has some intriguing products. I have to slow it down a bit and stick with what I have for the time being.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    If I wasn't so impressed with Megs HCD I'd likely try the IGL Premier. IGL has some intriguing products. I have to slow it down a bit and stick with what I have for the time being.
    Have you tried Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax? I ask because my experience with Meg's HCW wasn't so good and now it's been relegated to wheel protection boosterIGL Premier as a stand alone

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Have you tried Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax? I ask because my experience with Meg's HCW wasn't so good and now it's been relegated to wheel protection boosterIGL Premier as a stand alone

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I have not. I have read HCW can be a bit finicky on certain paint. Being HCD is diluted Bead Booster, I may try the full Bead Booster come winter where I need to get a bit more durability out of it. I'm sure I'll change my mind between now and winter LOL.

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I would say no, I would put it in the same class as some of the other spray style products like Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating, and Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Spray Coating. CanCoat and CQuartz Lite definitely deserve that separate class of light/baby coatings, they still blow away any spray and wipe protectant I've used by a long shot, but are certainly outclassed by full coatings like CQUK 3.0 without maintenance.

IGL Premier was outclassed by Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating in my side by side test, both of these were the first versions. Eventually I would like to take another shot with Premier as I have seen better results from others that have tested it. The beading and sheeting is nuts when it's fresh.
    After watching several videos from ScottHD I decided to try out premiere since it outperformed some 1-year coatings including Geyon can coat. I've had it on my 2020 black honda ridgeline for 3-months and it is still performing great and I wash that truck weekly. This past week-end I topped it with McKee's 37 Hydro Blue spay & rinse and wow! The hydrophobics are off the charts, seems like Hydroblue bonded well as a topper.

Here are some other observations

- To coat the entire truck took 3-ounces from a 16.9-oz bottle.
    - I applied it using an applicator pad, waited 1-min before buffing off, panel per panel
    - I like the fact that it is easy to see where the product was applied before buffing it off vs these invisible coatings! It's easy to miss wiping off sections of a coating and then having to use a DA to buff high spots (real PITA)
    - The product is easy to store and doesn't harden or crystalize like can coat
    - Slickness is below average, but nowhere near as unslick as Sonax BSD
    - Hydrophobics are superb, in the first few washes it was rejecting the car soap/foam
    - It is on the expensive side, but considering the ease of use, how many cars you can coat and the fact that it stores well, I say it's a great value.

13. Likes crg001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckypaco View Post
    After watching several videos from ScottHD I decided to try out premiere since it outperformed some 1-year coatings including Geyon can coat. I've had it on my 2020 black honda ridgeline for 3-months and it is still performing great and I wash that truck weekly. This past week-end I topped it with McKee's 37 Hydro Blue spay & rinse and wow! The hydrophobics are off the charts, seems like Hydroblue bonded well as a topper.

Here are some other observations

- To coat the entire truck took 3-ounces from a 16.9-oz bottle.
    - I applied it using an applicator pad, waited 1-min before buffing off, panel per panel
    - I like the fact that it is easy to see where the product was applied before buffing it off vs these invisible coatings! It's easy to miss wiping off sections of a coating and then having to use a DA to buff high spots (real PITA)
    - The product is easy to store and doesn't harden or crystalize like can coat
    - Slickness is below average, but nowhere near as unslick as Sonax BSD
    - Hydrophobics are superb, in the first few washes it was rejecting the car soap/foam
    - It is on the expensive side, but considering the ease of use, how many cars you can coat and the fact that it stores well, I say it's a great value.
    Short shelf life according to IGL. 6 months after opening….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I give igl 2 thumbs up I like all the stuff I have tried so far even there wax is good. Love the premier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12