autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tire Dressing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I only get anywhere from a season or so on the PS4S so cleaning away all the bloom agents is not that much of an issue so the rubber goes away ..... I was remarking that for me, while I can see the cleaning benefits of terminator, I'm just not the type to -put product down- and scrub till brown looks clean. I tend to just -err- on mild wash, dress it and just dress it often....as in my -mind-, I'm leaching out all the blooming agents to some degree...
    Typically, that's how I go with tires too, superficial clean and then re-dress.

Those PS3's I reference really don't become truly clean without the help of Tarminator. It's hard to explain, they just hold onto previous dressings so well that it can be frustrating when you want them squeaky clean for a new product. Very weird and never had another tire do this before.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’ve NEVER have had and issue with tires like my PS4S’s. Great tire but won’t rebuy because they of how they react.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I’ve NEVER have had and issue with tires like my PS4S’s. Great tire but won’t rebuy because they of how they react.

react - as in *detailing tire product*
    That's not something that is on my criteria at all.
    It's my preferred summer rubber given all variables.
    Just wish I could get better runtime out of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. They are a fantastic tire with amazing grip in both the wet and the dry. If I find myself in a situation where I need a summer tire, it's the first one I go to. They are in a class unto themselves.

I actually got pretty good life out of them on my 4-series and a set of PSSs on my previous GTI held up pretty good. Got around 20K miles from both sets.

Both sets were not great for dressing, but the joy I got from driving on them outweighed the dressing/appearance issues.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what else I’d go to as the all-season Conti DW06 were very good but the PSAS4 are noticeably better in every way except maybe longevity but so far so good. I’ll deal with the dressings issue as DG 253 is quick and easy to apply and not too picky about the rubber.

6. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tire Dressing

The ones I’m talking about on all seasons. On the Camaro forums the Conti DSW06+ get as much love as the PS4S’s. These are specifically in 305/30/20 and 285/30/30.

Have experiences with those and they are easier to dress. All things being somewhat equal I will go for ones that look better.

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The ones I’m talking about on all seasons. On the Camaro forums the Conti DSW06+ get as much love as the PS4S’s. These are specifically in 305/30/20 and 285/30/30.

Have experiences with those and they are easier to dress. All things being somewhat equal I will go for ones that look better.
    My previous tire was the Conti DWS06+ but when I needed to replace them, they were not available due to post-Covid inventory issues. That’s how I ended up with the Pilot Sport All Season 4s. The Pilots are better than the DWS-06+ from dry and wet handling to also being a little quieter. Only thing I can’t speak to is longevity but so far I have no complaints. Having had both, I plan to purchase the PSAS4 again.

Post Thanks / Like

Tire Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    My previous tire was the Conti DWS06+ but when I needed to replace them, they were not available due to post-Covid inventory issues. That’s how I ended up with the Pilot Sport All Season 4s. The Pilots are better than the DWS-06+ from dry and wet handling to also being a little quieter. Only thing I can’t speak to is longevity but so far I have no complaints. Having had both, I plan to purchase the PSAS4 again.
    Lowered with 30’s series tires with a ProCharger…. Quiet is not a thing for me. Tire DressingTire Dressing.

What leads me to the Conti’s is the previous owner put those on the back and PS4 all seasons on fronts.

Don’t know why but gen6 Camaros come with GYE F1 summer only tires.

The PS4’s and Conti’s are the two that get most traction (see what I did there?) on the Camaro forums for all season replacements.

I feel when I do hit puddles the front end gets more drifty than the rears and assume that’s tires. Had some PS4’s on my g37 and wasn’t disappointed but nothing I remember stands out.

In this review which got info from tire rack testing

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus vs Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - Top Tire Review

The Conti’s did better in Wet, Ice and road noise.

And the PS4s are better in snow and has a slight advantage on dry.

I don’t drive Camaro in snow but do a lot in Wet and sometimes icy condition.

Why this tire fits my needs.

But yes, I would go Michelins if the dressed better than Conti’s as I don’t feel there is a huge advantage to either.

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CC -Just to clarify, as I do see both mentioned.

The Conti DWS06 is a good all season tire
    IMO, if the sizes are made in what you need, I would actually err on the PS4AS - all season.

But if one is running dedicated shoes for summer/winter, PS4S hands down is the rubber of choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have the Michelin PS AS3+ which came before the PS4AS. I also had the DWS before and I hated them. Excellent traction but the sidewalls are so soft, it felt like I was driving my car with jello instead of tires. Granted, that was on a 50 sidewall so there was more rubber there. On a car with low profiles like 30/35, maybe even 40, it might be less noticeable.
    Bruno Soares

14. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast