Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
Just curious - are you sure the “pits” are actually into the glass and not just particles on the outside of the glass?
Sorry for the late reply--been super-busy.

Yes, I'm certain it's pits that have penetrated the glass. I can feel the pits with the tip of my finger nail and when I point something more "pointy" into them (like an actual metal nail or a screw), I can feel it dip into them.

That said, when I first saw all of this, I did actually take a razor and scrape along said pits thinking it might've just been some hardened tree sap--something I've experienced before. What I noticed when I scraped the windshield, though, is that the razor was scraping little bits of "hard things." I thought it might've been the ridges or craters of melted glass because I don't think they were little micro pieces of the metal I had sparked onto the windshield because my razor left nothing visibly lodged after doing its scrapes (hence the melted glass craters idea, like melted little ridges or something). I can't rationalize the possibility of it being melted glass, though, but I also don't know enough about windshield design to know if this theory has any weight. It's just the only thing that makes sense to me. All I know is that there's nothing "stuck" in any of the pits--I see exposed glass in each. So maybe at first, there might've been little micro pieces of sparked-metal that melted into them and using the razor dislodged them leaving behind exposed glass pits? Not sure.

In any event, I was able to scrape whatever this was off using a razor, and now I'm left with these little pits. I just don't understand how I can showed the same sparks onto various plastic things that were around my work piece--which were all closer to the sparks, too--and not see any equivalent pits on any of them. It's really weird.