autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CTS V is ceramic coated. Wondering if the Gtechniq C2 spray I have is safe for maintaining it?

So I bought a silver 2011 CTS V about 4 months ago that according to the previous owner and the sticker in the doorseal was cermamic coated using products from Servfaces. Unfortunately it doesn't list any details on the shop just a sticker of the product. My question is the previous owner also gave me a bottle of Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal. He stated he has been using this product but I just want to double check that this product is safe to use on the coating. Ive read and read about how you have to be careful with what products you put on ceramic coatings to the point I'm paranoid about what carsoaps I use, let alone any kind of spray on detailer. Can someone give me some reassurance here?

As far as soap, I was planning on using CG Honeydew snowfoam until I found a more specific ceramic coating maintaining soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CTS V is ceramic coated. Wondering if the Gtechniq C2 spray I have is safe for maintaining it?

Never heard of that company but seems to be a German company and who knows where he got this car done, hopefully not the dealer. With it being a 2011 and perhaps a coating that is a few/several years old, there’s probably a good chance you’ll want to redo it.

That C2V3 will help keep it going, it might very well be the only protection on there now and it appears the coating is still alive. You can keep using it.

I’d avoid honeydew soap. It’s good soap but not for coatings as it has gloss enhancers. Replace it with CarPro Reset or if you want a cheaper one, Meguiar’s Hyper Wash.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes The Guz, TTQ B4U, SNP209 liked this post