autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I hate black

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate black

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    The only thing worse than black is dark blue metallc or black metallic. They show every minute micro-scratch.
    My experience is that the metallic helps to conceal any flaws. Nothing shows blemishes like straight black.

My previous bike was black metallic (Harley Black Quartz) and it was infinitely easier to care for than any of my straight black bikes. I had that bike for two years and 30,000+ miles and I never had to polish it. My black bikes get polished on average twice a year.

2. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    My experience is that the metallic helps to conceal any flaws. Nothing shows blemishes like straight black.

My previous bike was black metallic (Harley Black Quartz) and it was infinitely easier to care for than any of my straight black bikes. I had that bike for two years and 30,000+ miles and I never had to polish it. My black bikes get polished on average twice a year.
    Bikes have a lot less large flat surfaces than a car. I've never owned straight black but I know my navy blue metallic is 70% black base and it's a PITA to keep looking nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I've noticed the black metallic flake in the paint on my black cars does wonders to hide light swirls which are very obvious on piano black areas of the car like the B pillars or other non-metallic areas. The reflectivity of the flake hides light swirls in bright lighting conditions. Several times I've thought the vehicles have been in really good shape until I put them under the shop lights in my garage and I realize things are not what I thought.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Likes 2black1s liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Bikes have a lot less large flat surfaces than a car. I've never owned straight black but I know my navy blue metallic is 70% black base and it's a PITA to keep looking nice.
    Surface area is irrelevant. Your dark blue metallic may be a PITA but believe me, it's not as bad as straight black.

I think that only those who work on a lot of, or own, a true black vehicle (metallic black is not black) will appreciate the special and truly unique aspects of true black.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soobaroo View Post
    Looks more like a mirror than a hood. Nice job!
    My hood does too.
    Thats what's weird about black.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

9. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The initial polishing and correcting are the hard part. Once that’s done, the rest is just maint. I have an old Caddy that’s well cared for and gets constant compliments….guys think it’s newer than it really is due to the gloss. I find it fun and decent exercise to clean it almost every day…..but I can see how some would hate that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfan1 View Post
    My hood does too.
    Thats what's weird about black.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Looks nice. Makes me want to get out and clean my black “metallic” car now but have had an abscess in one of my nasal cavities and there is no detailing with that…especially after the doc goes to cutting, scraping, sucking and everything else that goes along with it. Can’t wait to get back to my car!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    Looks nice. Makes me want to get out and clean my black “metallic” car now but have had an abscess in one of my nasal cavities and there is no detailing with that…especially after the doc goes to cutting, scraping, sucking and everything else that goes along with it. Can’t wait to get back to my car!
    Ouch!

13. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!
    One would only know how painful the fix is if they’ve had this. On a scale of 1-10 it would a 1000. Had to go back today and get another round of antibiotics and told the doctor that if something like this ever happens again I would elect to be out under in hospital. Could do the chair in dr office again. But I am feeling better so it will be car detailing time by Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Agree. I've noticed the black metallic flake in the paint on my black cars does wonders to hide light swirls which are very obvious on piano black areas of the car like the B pillars or other non-metallic areas. The reflectivity of the flake hides light swirls in bright lighting conditions. Several times I've thought the vehicles have been in really good shape until I put them under the shop lights in my garage and I realize things are not what I thought.
    On my Crystal Black Silica WRX the paint had so much flake in it the thing always looked dusty in full sun even when freshly washed. Seemed like a good idea when I bought it but it got irritating after a while. The flake seemed multi-colored, like glitter in the paint.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast