autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire AIO plan

Tapa talk test

Blackfire AIO plan-20210712_195757-jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok, got one pic to post from Tapatalk. Detailing is more fun than apps.

Washed, clayed, and applied Blackfire AIO yesterday. In the past I have always used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba by hand.

Car had terrible water spots that nobody sees but me. In the past I had clayed, compounded, polished, and waxed by hand with no change to the waterspots.

I use this 4Runner off road so I live with some scratches.

The Blackfire AIO looks great. I used LC white hybrid pads with my SupaBEAST. Test spot didn't come close to what I wanted. Fortunately, Mike reminded me that this is a daily driver and I need to preserve the clearcoat, so I didn't move up to orange cutting pads. (Have a molehill, don't need a mountain).

Did a second test spot with 10 passes per section. This removed 70% of the water spots.

Got a nice smile, after wiping the dried product at the end.

I will come back and write a complete review later. Tapa Talk took my literary creativity.

Post Thanks / Like

AfterBlackfire AIO plan-20210714_101943-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Can't seem to get more than one pic per postBlackfire AIO plan-20210714_094714-jpg

Mike Phillips

Looks great!

Besides working great, did you notice how easy it is to wipe-off?

5. Thanks Burger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipe-off was effort less. Did the whole car, then wiped it all.

I had never clayed the glass, headlights, and taillights before...WOW! Used the BF AIO on them too...GREAT!

Mike, do you have preference. Glass with fresh pads, or at end of that pads cycle?

Also, Thank you to Dr. Olds. Your write-up was very helpful

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post

Wipe-off was effort less. Did the whole car, then wiped it all.
    That's the way to do it. Makes it easy on you.

I had never clayed the glass, headlights, and taillights before...WOW! Used the BF AIO on them too...GREAT!
    The BLACKFIRE One Step or AIO works decent on glass if the glass isn't to bad. By "too bad" I mean older cars with water spots that have been baking on in the sun for years. We have cars like this in South Florida.

As for headlights and tail lights - works great to restore a clear, shiny surface.

If you have a car that's a few years old and the headlights are starting to fade and yellow, the BF One Step will easily remove the oxidation and restore clarity. Then instead of trying to seal them with something, just stay on top of them with the BF One Step.

Both approaches can work, sealing and using an AIO - just depends on how complicated you want to make it.

Mike, do you have preference. Glass with fresh pads, or at end of that pads cycle?
    Normally at the end of the pad cycle but I swap out pads often so the pads I use are never saturated to the point they are soppy wet.

When foam becomes wet - it loses it's function.

• Foam cutting pads stop cutting.
    • Foam polishing pads stop polishing.

Foam finishing pads are soft naturally so there's less of a diminishing effect if they become wet with product but we should still swap out pads accordingly and with common sense.

Also, Thank you to Dr. Olds. Your write-up was very helpful

Jim's write-up on BF One Step is well-written with lots of helpful tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Applied BF BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax. 48 hours after AIOBlackfire AIO plan-20210714_095741-jpg

These BF products sure live up to all that I have read here. They wipe off so nice. I like the wax so much that I'm going to begin using it on my Harley. I have used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba forever. Not anymore.. I like the gloss from the BF, and of course, it's SO much easier to remove from the small detail spots.

I used the BF pad cleaner too. Synergy. I'm going to try the BF Instant Detailer, and the BF Waterless Wash too.

My go to for daily car wipe downs (I live on a dirt road) has been Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax. Not sure if any product can replace that. Will do a side by side test.

Thanks to all for the guidance. This has been a really fun learning experience.

Post Thanks / Like

... My go to for daily car wipe downs (I live on a dirt road) has been Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax. Not sure if any product can replace that. Will do a side by side test...
    Try Meguiar's D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax. It's a similar product to the Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax but it is available by the gallon and can be diluted up to 20:1. Much more cost-effective than the Ultimate.

I use it regularly on my black vehicles at 4:1 dilution. Buying it by the gallon is so cost-effective that I haven't even tried higher dilutions. I prefer the additional safety margin of the 4:1 dilution, even if the additional safety margin is only in my head.

10. Thanks Burger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried D115...No Joy.Blackfire AIO plan-20210716_130422-jpg

Thanks for the idea, but I find the D115 kind of "grabby" on the towel, and streaky. I find I need more passes (touching the paint) than UWWW. I use Cobra 1616G (blue one side, grey other side) for my rinseless and waterless washes. I just now tried the 4:1 D115 on the BF Ice Wax. Feels the same as on the Carnuba.

The UWWW is on the pricey side. $30/gallon vs $17 for dilluted D115. I'm very happy with it on my white vehicles that are waxed with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. I'm dealing with dusty cars on a dirt road.

My wife's year old white Rav 4 Hybrid really benefits from the bit of wax in the UWWW. Always feels freshly waxed and REAL glossy.

I miss the D114. Do you use the D115 as a rinseless?

Post Thanks / Like

... Do you use the D115 as a rinseless?
    I use it a little differently than the label... Kind of a hybrid rinseless/waterless process.

I mist it on, then wipe with a towel saturated with D115, and follow up with two clean dry towels for final buff. In areas that I don't want any overspray from misting it on, I'll just use the saturated rag. This method is especially useful on my bikes as the mist overspray is a real issue there.

And just a note... Before doing anything with the D115, I ALWAYS clean off the loose dust/dirt with a California Car Duster first. I know that might make you cringe but I've been doing it that way for years and it works for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast