autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Detailer Spots on Glass

Hi!

Well, I just finished polishing my first ever car, and I think it turned out pretty good. Made a stupid mistake though that I am hoping won't be too bad to fix.

I used a QD while I was claying the car, and after claying, I did not rinse it off. Haven't been driving the car and didnt really realize that this could be an issue, but now on the side of the car that I used this QD, I have these water spots that regular glass cleaner isn't touching. I can feel them with my finger/nail. Was not planning on polishing the glass yet, so was hoping to see if there is any chemical or anything I can do to get these off?

I know some water spots can be hard to get off glass, and there are polishes specifically for glass for that, but I am hoping since this was a QD leaving these behind, I can use something else to break that up?

Any ideas?

I have a bit of cut max left, so I guess if need to I can just try to hit it with a microfiber pad and some sonax cut max but hoping I wont need to do that.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Detailer Spots on Glass

What QD are we talking about? Hard to see a QD leaving spots that can be felt by touch. They’re usually so diluted there’s not enough solids for that. Maybe if it’s a high SiO2 formula but then you shouldn’t have used that as clay lube.

Probably spray the spots with the same product and clay the area, should remove them, otherwise you might need to polish the glass.
    Bruno Soares

3. Thanks serper3 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure it was Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer that I bought in 2009.

5. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let’s see if someone that has used that product can chime in. I have never used that one but I still don’t think it can be leftover product, something else must have fallen on the glass and got stuck to it.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks serper3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Let’s see if someone that has used that product can chime in. I have never used that one but I still don’t think it can be leftover product, something else must have fallen on the glass and got stuck to it.
    Well fortunately just claying the glass took care of it. Like with other surface contaminants I could feel the stuff coming off the glass as I was claying amd now the spots are gone! Thank you for the suggestion!!! Appreciate it!

9. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Bruno said. In a situation like that, using the same product to remove is generally going to be your best first move.

11. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post