autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire coating

First time on here. Thanks for add. I did a paint corrrction on my truck yesterday with a kit I bought.it took me about 6 hours in all, I finished it with the black fire coating. It look awesome. Anyways the weather changed on me and after about 6 to 7 hours rain moved in. What should I do now? Should I try and dry it? Will I have to start over?? I mess up and should of watch the weather again but I was so ready to get it done. Any help would be appreciated

Mike Phillips

Re: Blackfire coating

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba67 View Post

First time on here. Thanks for add.
    Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

I did a paint correction on my truck yesterday with a kit I bought.it took me about 6 hours in all, I finished it with the black fire coating. It look awesome.
    Good to hear!

Anyways the weather changed on me and after about 6 to 7 hours rain moved in. What should I do now?

Should I try and dry it? Will I have to start over?? I mess up and should of watch the weather again but I was so ready to get it done.

Any help would be appreciated

At this point, I'd rinse the car with plain water to make sure any dirt, dust or other air-borne contaminants that may have been embodied in the rain water or air and thus deposited onto the paint is flushed off.

Then, blot the truck dry. Don't WIPE - but carefully blot.

Then inspect.

The good news is this coating is very stout and initial curing to the finish happens in minutes. Full cure takes place over a "window of time" but the majority of the solids will be stable on the paint.

If it looks good after drying, don't worry about. Nothing else you can so anyways except to start over and by start over I mean, re-do the paint correction step.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Man thanks a lot! I was hoping worse case would be just doing it all over again. On a good note man the blackfire products seem to be awesome! I will post pic later but the polish everything work like magic. I have a 13 Duramax that’s solid black. It was shining like never before. Very impressed. Mike once I get it all figured out what do you recommend to keep the paint looking great mow? Just a spray detailer,?

Post Thanks / Like

On a good note man the blackfire products seem to be awesome! I will post pic later but the polish everything work like magic. I have a 13 Duramax that’s solid black. It was shining like never before. Very impressed.
    I got my fingers crossed for ya bubba.
    And yes the Blackfire lineup is awesome . I wasn't a true believer until Mike Phillips convinced me to use One Step and Hybrid Liquid Wax on my Black Silverado. Oh my.
    Best advice I've got in a long time.
    Thanks again Mike.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk