autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on sealant and/or wax selection

Hi all!! And thanks in advance for taking the time to read this question and give any advice. I posted up in the intro section and asked this in a much longer question, I'll post it much shorter in a topic specific section here.

I've had an 87 Trans Am, bright red, for half my life - huge Pontiac and Firebird guy - repainted it years ago. My liking is for a glossy, pop that looks like bright red water was just poured over it, bright wet look. I've spent a month reading, searching, etc deciding which route and because my brain is the way it is, lol, I bounce around like a ping pong ball making my choice(s). I've always been a huge Meguiars fan, but lately have been deciding to come out of the Meguiars shell to maybe try more things.

It currently has compound, swirl remover and polish #7 show car glaze, and countless layers of Ultimate Liquid Wax. Lools fantastic! But obviously better is the goal for all of us. So after a proper paint step on virgin paint looking at,

- Ultimate Liquid Wax (possibly top with high tech yellow wax, never done this before but learnt trying it from this site)

- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant (possibly top with Fuzion)

- BlackFire Hybrid Montan (possibly top with Midnight)

- Pinnacle Black Label, Souveran, Synergy options

With that soaking wet goal, which is the better route? Stay just coats of sealant or top with wax? Would they all look very similar to the average eye unless all parked side by side to see the difference(s)??

I have made probably a 100 choices of the above in my head, I think asking people who have experience with them, so are experts then on them, is less tiring for me. Lol.

Thanks again for taking the time folks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on sealant and/or wax selection

Amongst the list you provided, Wolfgang Tops all in terms of glass/gloss, top that with Fuzion and yur good!!

3. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Amongst the list you provided, Wolfgang Tops all in terms of glass/gloss, top that with Fuzion and yur good!!
    Agreed

5. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you do much guys!! You both and Markymapo have suggested Wolfgang, guess I will be making an expensive purchase... lol.

I gotta stop reading and just order Wolfgang, I read and other products come up, Zaino, Collinite, Klasse, Zymol...

I'm just gonna go WG and relax my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Thank you do much guys!! You both and Markymapo have suggested Wolfgang, guess I will be making an expensive purchase... lol.

I gotta stop reading and just order Wolfgang, I read and other products come up, Zaino, Collinite, Klasse, Zymol...

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post

Tried to send you a PM...but it did not work for some reason.....If you'd like to try it before you buy it....I could send you a 4oz bottle of it to try. I have some extra on my shelf and would be happy to share...just PM me ur address

9. Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Tried to send you a PM...but it did not work for some reason.....If you'd like to try it before you buy it....I could send you a 4oz bottle of it to try. I have some extra on my shelf and would be happy to share...just PM me ur address

Oh wow thank you for that offer sir, I really appreciate that! I am in Canada, so shipping would be stiffer than US address. I would pay though.

Post Thanks / Like

And 4 oz is plenty! Cool move, briar!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably would end up being cheaper trying to get it another way......good luck with your Trans Am...we'd like to see pics please!!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably would end up being cheaper trying to get it another way......good luck with your Trans Am...we'd like to see pics please!!

Every time I try to send a pm it won't work either... is it because a member has to have a certain number of posts to allow more movement on the site???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast