there is a difference between thin and soft.

Subaru paint is both . Most japanese makers are both. European cars are usually hard clearcoat , thus many times you actually need to use a microfiber pad to get any decent correction done on german cars , while on Japanese cars you probably can get away with a foam pad and a lighter compound or polish .

Having said that, you could ceramic coat the car yourself , I wouldnt use a heavy compound or anything like that. A DA polish with carpro gloss pad plus essence would be nice. Then just top it with a ceramic coating of your choice. If you are scare of a applying a true ceramic coating , then look into a lite ceramic coating like carpro lite, cancoat or moonlight , you ll get 6month to a year protection . I just used carpro lite and I can tell you it is very close to a true ceramic coating with much much easier application . I saw the applicator next day and it hardens like a ceramic coating so I have no doubt in my mind that it will last a year or longer . Make sure you know how to wash your car properly and enjoy !