autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with first product order

After reading alot of posts, Im about to order some new products to care for the car!

Dark Blue Sonata (06)

Phantom Grey Sienna (04)

Some background.....

1) Both are daily drivers kept outside 24/7
    2) I have a 2-yr old son, and my wife is pregnant... ( so i dont have 5 hours on a weekend to put 10 layers of protection on but i want it protected as long as possible
    3) I want to minimize swirls and dont own a PC
    4) I dont have alot of shade

I was thinking of going the PB's route since I could use it in the sun

-PB's wash
    -PB's SSR 2.5 and 1.0 (ok if I dont have a buffer?)
    -PB's EX-P Sealant
    -PB's S&G
    (Skip the Natty's Blue, Im thinking)
    -PB's Waterless Wash (for weather/time issues)
    -PB's Wheel Cleaner (the Sienna's wheels are a major pain to clean!)
    -DP Glass Restorer (and maybe the cleaner)

Please comment on any and all of the products and if you think its correct...

Post Thanks / Like
    wash- great soap, my all time favorite ^^
    polishes- i would skip until you get a PC. Hand polishing is so much of a PITA you may just give up detailing completely!
    Cleaner- I'd pick up some klasse All in One
    sealant- ex-p is a nifty product, good choice
    QD's- Just get S+W and call it a day. S+G looks better, but with your busy schedule, S+W would be more versatile. AG sells the cobra super (ultra maybe?) plush microfiber towels. These things are sick. AWESOME qding towels.
    wheel cleaner- S+R is a pretty strong wheel cleaner. Use it that first time to completely clean the wheels. After that, you'd be surprised what a little car wash soap and a brush can do.
    glass- the dp glass restorer is a great product, as is the krystal vision cleaner. Both are great additions. Possibly think about picking up a couple small glass towels to go with these two products?
    clay- get some if you don't have some

Wash, Clay, AIO, EX-Px3 (layers applied 24 hours apart) is a great combo. Best part- with weekly washing it'll last for 2-3 months

as for minimizing swirling, you may want to pick up a foam gun in your order. I've had first experience with how the foam gun lowers the chance of swirling the paint during a wash. Best part, you can use it for lots of different jobs. Washing the car, spraying cleaner in an engine bay/wheel well, and then non-automotive applications like lawn fertilizing, spraying cleaner to clean patios, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    , removing swirls by hand is a big PITA. One thing you are just doing a hood, another a whole car. So get a PC - http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit.html has everything you need, even Natty Blue.
    Also get Poorboy's SS&S in a gallon, EX-P, Klasse AIO. As of wheel cleaner I like DP. You might wanna get it in a kit (tire gel, wheel cleaner, wheel protectant). i will probably cost around $400 with towels, but will be a good start.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I will more than likely pass on the PC for a while.... between the car purchase, the LARGE MF towel purchase I recently did, and the baby, I'll have to wait it out and see about a Christmas present or something....

OK...
    -After 2 AIO suggestions, I will add it to the order.... Im just concerned about the sun beating down on it.. I'll have to be careful...
    -Will delete the SSR
    -Will delete the S&G and see if I need it in the future

-Already have unopened Clay that I purchased a while ago.. So Im good there...

Thanks, anything else? Anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash, Clay, AIO, EX-Px3 (layers applied 24 hours apart) is a great combo. Best part- with weekly washing it'll last for 2-3 months

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autogeek.net/clkitforhaap.html

I know I am going a completely different route than most, but I am taking in to consideration your car colors, ease of use, and the ability to make them look as good as possible without a buffer. Simple in one kit ... now we could look at Poorboys also , but nothing compares to VMG by hand from them in my opinion.

I have read on other forums that Wolfgang seems to bond quite well to VMG. I guess the silicone makeup of WG allows a sealant to react a little different to fillers and oils from VMG. So if you want some extra durability, toss that in before the wax.

Scott