autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First large order, any input?

Quote Originally Posted by Mallowpuff View Post
    I'll look at those pads.

I was also looking at the 3D stuff, they looked great but since it advertises itself as an all-in-one type compound/finish, I assumed it was a gimmicky product. However, I really only hear positive things about 3D Products.
    I switched from Menzerna to 3D one. Its not a gimmick. The product gives me great flexibility with my collection of machines and pads. Regardless of which liquid you chooses... it takes practice and patience to learn the techniques to take full advantage of all its capabilities.

2. Likes Mallowpuff, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I switched from Menzerna to 3D one. Its not a gimmick. The product gives me great flexibility with my collection of machines and pads. Regardless of which liquid you chooses... it takes practice and patience to learn the techniques to take full advantage of all its capabilities.
    Did you take a look at my pictures? In your opinion, would 3D One with an aggressive pad be able to work on that? Then down to a polish pad or something. Because a one step liquid thing sounds very nice to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you take a look at my pictures? In your opinion, would 3D One with an aggressive pad be able to work on that? Then down to a polish pad or something. Because a one step liquid thing sounds very nice to me.
    3D ONE might work with a less aggressive pad. Those swirls in your pics are very minor.

Always start with the least aggressive pad/product, and if that does not give you the results you are looking for, then step up the levels of aggressiveness.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    3D ONE might work with a less aggressive pad. Those swirls in your pics are very minor.

Always start with the least aggressive pad/product, and if that does not give you the results you are looking for, then step up the levels of aggressiveness.
    Sounds good. I think I'm going with 3d One. I'll get a variety of pads from light cutting to polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. I think I'm going with 3d One. I'll get a variety of pads from light cutting to polishing.
    Sounds good.

The hardest part of this whole process is deciding which products to try first. There are so many options, but only you can decide in the end.

And, only you will be able to tell if they are working for you once you put the pad to the paint.

7. Likes Mallowpuff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest... its hard for me to make that determination from just looking at those 2 pics. The paint looks dull and I couldnt tell if it is swirl out. It doesnt look that bad from what I saw. Do a test spot prior to confirm your approach. Mazda as well as most Japanese brands generally have soft paint so I think it should work.

3D One is pretty capable. Its little cousin 3D Speed (AIO-polish and wax) is a product I used a lot for a One Step (polish and wax) when the budget doesnt call for a multi-step correction.

Here is a range rover I did a few months back (3D Speed with a orange LC forced hybrid pad on a gear driven DA).

2018 Range Rover Evoque....

9. Likes PaulMys, Mallowpuff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

to OP...

I didnt mean to cause any more confusion by throwing another product in t the mix. I just want to make the point that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    To be honest... its hard for me to make that determination from just looking at those 2 pics. The paint looks dull and I couldnt tell if it is swirl out. It doesnt look that bad from what I saw. Do a test spot prior to confirm your approach. Mazda as well as most Japanese brands generally have soft paint so I think it should work.

3D One is pretty capable. Its little cousin 3D Speed (AIO-polish and wax) is a product I used a lot for a One Step (polish and wax) when the budget doesnt call for a multi-step correction.

Here is a range rover I did a few months back (3D Speed with a orange LC forced hybrid pad on a gear driven DA).

2018 Range Rover Evoque....
    Yeah I was considering the multipack of HD Speed and ONE but after reading, I think I need to skip HD Speed because I am doing a ceramic coating. I mean I could go wax instead of ceramic coating as well..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was considering the multipack of HD Speed and ONE but after reading, I think I need to skip HD Speed because I am doing a ceramic coating. I mean I could go wax instead of ceramic coating as well..
    You are correct about Speed. No need to lay down a layer of Montan wax that you have to remove before using a coating. That is working backwards.

But if you decide on using a wax or sealant, Speed is also capable of removing more defects than some people think. All depends on the pad(s).

13. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said.... There is more than one way to skin a cat. LOL

Regardless of which direction you are going with.... have fun doing it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast