I have enjoyed cleaning/detailing for years and want to up my game. In the past I have done a clay bar and a polish, and rarely at that. That was a while ago, then I became lazy and turned into a wash/wax guy, and now I want to do more advanced detailing. I have 4 cars, all garaged:

1. 2007 Volvo, black sapphire metallic, never been paint corrected
  2. 2011 BMW 328, navy blue metallic, professionally painted corrected once in 2015
  3. 1986 Lotus Turbo Esprit, gloss black, brand new single stage paint job in 2019
  4. 2021 Lotus Evora, Essex blue metallic clear coat (think the cool ink blue on Subaru WRXs), has PPF on the front

My aim is to “practice” on the daily drivers and then move to the two Lotus, realizing they need different levels of treatment from the Volvo/BMW. I have done a lot of reading on this forum and elsewhere and I was hoping you could critique my proposed process/tools to see if I am making any drastic mistakes anywhere, as most of this will be a new purchase for me.

1. Wash with a wax-removing soap, such as Dawn
  2. Clay with traditional clay bar and detailing spray (own both already)
  3. Compound: (Volvo/BMW only) Griots G9, 5” disk conversion, Lake Country CCS orange pad, Meguiars Ultimate Compound, removal with Griots microfiber plush edgeless towels (14901)
  4. Polish: Griots G9, LC CCS white pad, Meguiars Ultimate Polish, removal with Griots microfiber plush edgeless towels (14901). Note: hand polish only on the PPF sections of the Evora. Note 2: I happen to own the polish already, open to other suggestions if this is the wrong way to go
  5. Wax/Seal: Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 wax spray, spread with Griots microfiber plush edgeless towels (14901)

A few notes:

1. I was going to go full ceramic coating versus the 3-in-1; I could still be convinced.
  2. Even if I don’t go full ceramic, I am most uncertain about step 5. Should I choose a product I can apply with the G9 and a LC CCS black pad?
  3. Iron remover. Necessary?
  4. Wheel cleaner recommendation? (or point me to your favorite thread on the subject)
  5. Glass recommendation? (or point me to your favorite thread on the subject)

This is a big purchase/upgrade for me and I know there are a ton of opinions so please, lay them on me so I can move out and really treat my cars.
Thank you.