autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me choose steamer.... or talk me out of it??

Hi guys. It’s that time again for “I have some extra cash and would like to splurge, BUT splurge reasonably”.

I “think” I’d like to buy a steamer. Not sure. If I buy one, I’m not sure how much to spend.

I buy quality as cheaper products are for rich people who can afford to make multiple “upgrade” purchases and end up spending more in the long run.

I honestly never gave a steamer a thought until I,saw a tube video where the dude uses a Bissel steamer (40 bucks Amazon). I bought it to try and I decided I like it, and want one (see.. already spent 40 bucks so I’d like to avoid multiple purchases)

as for detailing I hate interiors. In fact other than an occasional window clean I never do it. But the steamer makes quick work. Steam/wipe/repeat.

I can see several uses around the house too

I think I’ve decided on the chief brand. Kevin has done a fabulous job with his videos. All the others just list products on a website.
    plus I think the external heater is the way to go.

i,think I can rule out his top of the line steamer. I’d never use injection.

honestly I think the 75 or even the smaller one would suffice BUT I see the value in a continuous fill. It’s kinda looking like the 100.

to be honest I can do what a steamer does by hand it just takes longer.

also in consideration is less chemical use, and associated chemical management and storage. There is absolutely a value to that.

what say yee?

do it?

did you do it? Any regrets?

what would you do different?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me choose steamer.... or talk me out of it??

i had vx5000 moved up to vapor chief steamer 100 then vapor chief 125 would due it again plus use it for home cleaning too

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    i had vx5000 moved up to vapor chief steamer 100 then vapor chief 125 would due it again plus use it for home cleaning too
    The 5k is popular. What made you move up to the 100? Was it continuous refill?

What made you upgrade from 100 to 125? Do you use injection? Why not buy the 125 in the first place ?

Post Thanks / Like

Our first steamer, and still only steamer purchase, was the Dupray Hill Injection over 2 years ago. It's withstood high volume, production based demands of used car reconditioning with only a single warranty claim, which was as easy as sending a video to Dupray and they had me a replacement 2 days later. Always of the mentality, buy once, cry once when it's tools, equipment, appliances, etc.

We never use the hill injection either, I prefer to apply chemicals via spray bottle, so I can control how much I put in and at a desired dilution ratio, so the continuous refill is what sold us, which Dupray does not offer on anything less than the Hill Injection. So I would recommend the Chief Steamer 100 for you simply because not having to turn off the boiler to add water then re fire it and wait for temp to come back up is a huge time saver.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnsDetailing View Post
    Our first steamer, and still only steamer purchase, was the Dupray Hill Injection over 2 years ago. It's withstood high volume, production based demands of used car reconditioning with only a single warranty claim, which was as easy as sending a video to Dupray and they had me a replacement 2 days later. Always of the mentality, buy once, cry once when it's tools, equipment, appliances, etc.

We never use the hill injection either, I prefer to apply chemicals via spray bottle, so I can control how much I put in and at a desired dilution ratio, so the continuous refill is what sold us, which Dupray does not offer on anything less than the Hill Injection. So I would recommend the Chief Steamer 100 for you simply because not having to turn off the boiler to add water then re fire it and wait for temp to come back up is a huge time saver.
    The difference from 75 (non continuous) to the 100 is like 300 bucks. I’d rather have continuous and not ever need it rather than run out of steak and have to stop. Not for 300