autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirl light and extractor question

Anyone have any suggestions on a good swirl finder light?

Also, I was at my local vacuum store and the guy immediately said the Bissell 3624 is meh, and should get the Bissell Commercial Spot Cleaner Little Green Pro BGSS1481 instead. Anyone have any thoughts? It'd just be for my personal use.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Re: Swirl light and extractor question

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post

Anyone have any suggestions on a good swirl finder light?

SCANGRIP

I like the SCANGRIP MiniMatch. It's affordable and compact in size. SCANGRIP is based out of Sweden and has an extensive background and expertise in this type of light technology.

SCANGRIP MiniMatch $84.99

Speed Master

The Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light is a few bucks more but it also works really well. I don't like the yellowish 2700K color temperature, which is the first light color to come on when you turn the unit on but it's no big deal to simply press the on button a second time to get to the 4500K color setting, which is the color setting I prefer.

Speed Master Swirl Finder Detailer Light $114.99

Griot's

The Griot's swirl finder light comes in at $69.99 and the one cool feature I like and use with this light is the row of LED lights. I use this to inspect for high spots when installing coatings and/or wax and sealant smears when using these conventional LSPs.

Griot's Garage THE BOSS LED Swirl-Finder Light $69.99

All three are great lights. If I had to pick just one I'd go with the SCANGRIP MiniMatch.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasKSC View Post

Also, I was at my local vacuum store and the guy immediately said the Bissell 3624 is meh, and should get the Bissell Commercial Spot Cleaner Little Green Pro BGSS1481 instead. Anyone have any thoughts?

It'd just be for my personal use.

Thanks!

I got nothing for you on this. I don't actually like to do interior detailing, which is where you would use these types of tools. In the industry, I'm more known as a paint polisher and I'm happy to be known for this. I'm also happy to let anyone else be known as the carpet cleaning expert.

In my classes here at Autogeek I show the MyTee brand of hot water extractors but Autogeek has stopped selling these basically because it's has become more hassle than profitable.

Perhaps someone else will chime in on an entry level extractor that offers great performance at a fair price.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike! Appreciate it sir.

Yeah, if anyone has any thoughts on the Bissell Commercial Spot Cleaner Little Green Pro BGSS1481, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ChasKSC. This is my first post on the forum and I hope it helps, even thought you've probably already decided by now.

I have the Bissel Big Green Machine BT10, their full size carpet cleaning machine. As an aside and to get it out of the way, it is the best full-size carpet cleaning machine I have encountered, purchased after the dismal performances of the rental Rug Doctor or home machines. Mine came with the hose attachment, which seems virtually identical to that of the Little Green Pro. It works well as an extractor, and can spray your cleaning solution onto your carpet, but the cleaning action is simply scrubbing with the attached brush. I will spray with the Big Green hose and then use my Cyclo with appropriate brushes for the scrubbing, then extract with the BGM's hose. The weakest link in this system is the Cyclo; I really do need to get a different machine for the carpet scrubbing.

I can't speak to the power of the Little Green, but the manufacturer claims a current draw of 5.7 amps. The Big Green has two motors, one for suction and one for the rotating carpet brush, and is listed at 12 amps. I don't know if those two motors in the Big Green are equivalent, and of course don't know if the Little Green has the same suction motor as the Big Green. I have no experience with dedicated water extractors, only with my Big Green, but I can say the the Big Green really sucks. I'd had a problem with the cleaning fluid valve leaking, and Bissel took care of it, via a Vacuum Sales place in the next town over, without question and very quickly.

As I'd said earlier, I have no experience with commercial extractors, and I am not a pro. I'm actually not too fond of cleaning auto interiors; like many here, I enjoy making the paint look pretty. If you're using the extractor for personal use and you also have carpets in your home, then I can't recommend the Big Green Machine highly enough. It will take care of your home and your car(s). I cannot speak to either Big Green or Little Green with regards to their abilities in a professional interior detailing environment.

FWIW, I've been doing personal detailing since the '70s (although back then, with the junkyard car I'd had, I'd only get my Fiat polished up after I'd let it go chalky, all handwork of course), and in the interim have done multiple Porsches, BMWs, and an absolutely freaking gorgeous Ferrari 360, and am just now working towards starting my own detailing business; I already have two customer cars in my care, woo hoo! If you see this message, please let us know if you'd gone with the Little Green and how well you think it does the job. It may well be worth my while to eventually replace the Big Green when working at a customer's location, for the Big Green is a bit of a beast. Ha, I have two beasts now: a Big Green beast and a Supa-Beast. (A great big THANKS to Mike and all on AGO for all of the intelligent, thoughtful, and useful information and the work that goes into placing it here. Due to the fine efforts of those here on AGO, there is also another beast in my arsenal: ME! OK, I was a beast before AGO, but now I'm turning into a Polishing Beast...

I've recognized that I've violated the forum rules by discussing a product not sold by AG, but since Mike had replied I've taken that as tacit approval to reply as I have. If I've erred, please take this post down, and my apologies. Also, I've edited my insinuated description of the Ferrari to "freaking".
    Last edited by RiverDog; 06-11-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: violating the rules on my first post!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Bissell Little Green and was seriously underwhelmed. Just seemed like a big hassle and the suction was less than just a typical shop vac.

So I just started spraying solution with a spray bottle and extracting it with a shop vac.