autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1,000,000th time Griots g15 vs Rupes mark III

I have searched the old threads and have not seen any recent topics on these two. I am looking to buy a 15mm long throw polisher, and I can not make up my mind between these two.

I have seen that the griots is New and Improved, and has a lower price point than what I remember it was initially. It is almost $200 cheaper than the Rupes. Do you think that the Rupes is really worth the extra $200?

I really like the innovation and system that the Rupes has behind it. I also like Griots warranty and price point now. If the Rupes has a noticeable performance, and other things, I would be more than happy to buy the rupes.

I am up for buying either one, I just need some feedback on which route to go. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1,000,000th time Griots g15 vs Rupes mark III

Quote Originally Posted by mosin55 View Post
    I have searched the old threads and have not seen any recent topics on these two. I am looking to buy a 15mm long throw polisher, and I can not make up my mind between these two.

I have seen that the griots is New and Improved, and has a lower price point than what I remember it was initially. It is almost $200 cheaper than the Rupes. Do you think that the Rupes is really worth the extra $200?

I really like the innovation and system that the Rupes has behind it. I also like Griots warranty and price point now. If the Rupes has a noticeable performance, and other things, I would be more than happy to buy the rupes.

I am up for buying either one, I just need some feedback on which route to go. Thanks.
    I have the old g15 and went through same debate. I decided on the g15 and a 3” polisher for the same money. As a hobbyist I’m completely satisfied.

I’m leary on the new one as it is cheaper by $100 or more but better? That normally not a thing but i haven’t tried new one.

The only things I read here when they launched was their were alot of issues at launch. Also thet kept delaying because of issues.

With the lifetime warranty though I wouldn’t worry too much. Just used it last week and it’s smooth as butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rupes 21 and I got the new G15 2 months ago.... I am quite happy with the G15. Rupes is a bit quieter and possibly a tad smoother (with the right pad) but you cant beat the value of the G15. The warrantee is just a bonus.

The delay of the launch for the G15 was due to a backing plate issue from my understanding. They went back to the drawing board and redesigned it. I am glad GG caught the issue prior to the launch and fixed it before shipping. It is decision like this that gave me faith in a company.

The savings from buying the G15 over the Rupes can go toward a G8 (which I have as well) and you still have money left over. LOL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I have the Rupes 21 and I got the new G15 2 months ago.... I am quite happy with the G15. Rupes is a bit quieter and possibly a tad smoother (with the right pad) but you cant beat the value of the G15. The warrantee is just a bonus.

The delay of the launch for the G15 was due to a backing plate issue from my understanding. They went back to the drawing board and redesigned it. I am glad GG caught the issue prior to the launch and fixed it before shipping. It is decision like this that gave me faith in a company.

The savings from buying the G15 over the Rupes can go toward a G8 (which I have as well) and you still have money left over. LOL
    Do you use the boss pads or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

I used both the Lake Country HD Orbital Foam Pads as well as the Rupes pads. These pads were used on the Rupes 21 prior to the G15. I do prefer the Lake country pads over the Rupes. To me.... I dont have to maneuver the machine as much to keep it from stalling over curves.